Talking Golf

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:47 am

PlaceWinner wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:33 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 am
It seems that when the European Tour returns hopefully in July that the first few tournaments will all be in the UK , and obviously with no crowds
A schedule I think that will suit our old friend Matthias Schwab

Followed him blind last season but despite a career best season could not get that first win, but despite the upheaval in the Golfing world this year that maiden victory is surely just around the corner
The Austrian has decided to play in America rather than support the European tour and put in a decent enough performance last week

Just needs to putt better, and has been well supported to win the Barracuda this week from 45-1 into 35-1
"This will not be beaten"

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:49 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:20 am
Yes but still her best finish yet

Remarkably for a rookie she is the Number 1 putter on the tour, so again the 225-1 for this week looks big
49th and Ga Eun Song since has played poorly in a couple of junior tournaments

But this week its a new course for everyone, so the 200-1 might be a worth a small each way risk
"This will not be beaten"

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:01 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:59 pm
Spoke to a friend of mine who lives in Busan and he said most of their Golf tournaments have TV Coverage

Also gave me four players to watch out for if the tour goes ahead next month

Da Yeon Lee..said she is capable of winning majors on the Lpga

These three young girls who are yet to win on tour look very promising and could be priced up wrongly over here

Hyun Kyung Park.."is the best of them" plus Ga Young Lee & So Mi Lee
This week [Starts tonight at 11]

Da [25-1]...looks short enough against some of the best girls in the world
Hyun [22-1]...Be a good learning curve as plays with World No 1 in first two rounds
Ga [100-1]..needs to up her game but is priced accordingly
So [45-1]...poor odds considering depth of the field
"This will not be beaten"

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:42 am

PlaceWinner wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:49 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:20 am
Yes but still her best finish yet

Remarkably for a rookie she is the Number 1 putter on the tour, so again the 225-1 for this week looks big
49th and Ga Eun Song since has played poorly in a couple of junior tournaments

But this week its a new course for everyone, so the 200-1 might be a worth a small each way risk
Missed cut *,
"This will not be beaten"

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:20 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:47 am
PlaceWinner wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:33 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 am
It seems that when the European Tour returns hopefully in July that the first few tournaments will all be in the UK , and obviously with no crowds
A schedule I think that will suit our old friend Matthias Schwab

Followed him blind last season but despite a career best season could not get that first win, but despite the upheaval in the Golfing world this year that maiden victory is surely just around the corner
The Austrian has decided to play in America rather than support the European tour and put in a decent enough performance last week

Just needs to putt better, and has been well supported to win the Barracuda this week from 45-1 into 35-1
Played well to get the place money in 3rd, but would have won except for a poor round three. Continues to improve though and will interesting to see how he gets on in the first major of the year this week

Have played him in the Top Continental Euro @ 18-1...each way [3 places]
"This will not be beaten"

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:22 am

PlaceWinner wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:01 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:59 pm
Spoke to a friend of mine who lives in Busan and he said most of their Golf tournaments have TV Coverage

Also gave me four players to watch out for if the tour goes ahead next month

Da Yeon Lee..said she is capable of winning majors on the Lpga

These three young girls who are yet to win on tour look very promising and could be priced up wrongly over here

Hyun Kyung Park.."is the best of them" plus Ga Young Lee & So Mi Lee
This week [Starts tonight at 11]

Da [25-1]...looks short enough against some of the best girls in the world
Hyun [22-1]...Be a good learning curve as plays with World No 1 in first two rounds
Ga [100-1]..needs to up her game but is priced accordingly
So [45-1]...poor odds considering depth of the field
Da..missed cut and continues to under perform
Hyun..Tied 51st-outscored the No 1 but disappointed at the weekend
Ga..Tied 15th-Good play against top field
So..Tied 25th-did well as had a horror first round
"This will not be beaten"

User avatar
billybetred
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 8:29 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by billybetred » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:25 am

Backed Schwab , first round leader . According to weather forecast morning starters should have an advantage.
100/1 (Paddy ew 7 places).

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:23 pm

In my opinion billy, he is the best player on the men's tour who is yet to win
"This will not be beaten"

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:16 pm

...but after a good first round has missed the cut *,
"This will not be beaten"

User avatar
PlaceWinner
Posts: 13157
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

Re: Talking Golf

Post by PlaceWinner » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:23 am

Will keep he faith with Matthias in the Top European market this week [Wyndham]

Each Way @ 14-1 [Skybet] 4 places
"This will not be beaten"

Post Reply