Horse Talk

PlaceWinner

Re: Horse Talk

Post by PlaceWinner » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:56 am

Tragic news that Saskia Jones who lost her life in the recent London Bridge attack is the daughter of top racing journalist and C4 presenter Alastair Down :(
"This will not be beaten"

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:04 pm

One Of Us

I mentioned back in 2016 about this horse [Tracker] and he has turned out to be a decent long distance chaser, and has indeed won two of his last three races

He will not be officially 8 years old till March, and I'm waiting to see if his shrewd trainer Nick Williams enters him in the Grand National because if he does then I would be confident of a big run.

In the meantime his last run was winning the Southern National, and his next run on Sunday is in the Sussex version of the great race...so watch this space!

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:00 am

Hayley Turner who has gone through more men than I have had hot dinners is now apparently "dating" ITV Presenter Oli Bell ..which now means Francesca Cumani is back on the market!

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:51 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:04 pm
One Of Us

I mentioned back in 2016 about this horse [Tracker] and he has turned out to be a decent long distance chaser, and has indeed won two of his last three races

He will not be officially 8 years old till March, and I'm waiting to see if his shrewd trainer Nick Williams enters him in the Grand National because if he does then I would be confident of a big run.

In the meantime his last run was winning the Southern National, and his next run on Sunday is in the Sussex version of the great race...so watch this space!
Surprising but horse is not entered for the big one this year, but continues his education tomorrow at Wincanton [2.20]...currently 15-2

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:55 am

PlaceWinner wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:25 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:11 am
Despite being up against two horses from top Southern stables...

I know small trainer Jedd O'Keeffe really fancied his filly to run them close on her debut today at Doncaster and double figure quotes were quickly snapped up yesterday by connections into 7-1

However she had a bit of swelling this morning and is a Non runner, but the name of the horse to put in your trackers is: Queen Of Camelot
Told she is fully fit now, and will be of interest if she runs over the winter
Debut is tomorrow at Newcastle [5.15]

Taken the opening 17-2 each way...now 5's

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:11 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:51 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
One Of Us

Surprising but horse is not entered for the big one this year, but continues his education tomorrow at Wincanton [2.20]...currently 15-2
A rare poor run, but needs further

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:07 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:55 am
PlaceWinner wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:25 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:11 am
Despite being up against two horses from top Southern stables...

I know small trainer Jedd O'Keeffe really fancied his filly to run them close on her debut today at Doncaster and double figure quotes were quickly snapped up yesterday by connections into 7-1

However she had a bit of swelling this morning and is a Non runner, but the name of the horse to put in your trackers is: Queen Of Camelot
Told she is fully fit now, and will be of interest if she runs over the winter
Debut is tomorrow at Newcastle [5.15]

Taken the opening 17-2 each way...now 5's
Only 4th but got quickly outpaced suggesting further is needed...keep the faith

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Not often on a cold February night that you see something special winning on the all weather, but it has happened at Chelmsford

I was told that Papa Power would win his race without the jockey having to loosen the hand-brake, and it happened with the colt to my eyes looking a machine

Not sure what he beat, but to my eyes I am pretty sure the horse will go on to bigger and better things this new flat season.

nick

Post by nick » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Didn't want to clutter the main thread with memories of Red Alligator, but, like Boots, he was my first bet too when I was 13. I recall having 10 shillings each way at 100/7. Found this footage of the race:

Camera didn't cover The Chair, unfortunately, although I was surprised how big the fence at Canal Turn was back in the day. I had forgotten how easily he won.

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Proper test back in those days

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:48 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:11 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:51 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
One Of Us

A rare poor run, but needs further
Am expecting better in the Devon National tomorrow [4.20]

Already on each way at 14-1, now 10's [Four places]

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:18 pm

Despite being strong in the market ran another poor race and was Pulled up :>

Think something is hurting the horse, so hopefully that will be sorted out

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:42 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:38 pm
Not often on a cold February night that you see something special winning on the all weather, but it has happened at Chelmsford

I was told that Papa Power would win his race without the jockey having to loosen the hand-brake, and it happened with the colt to my eyes looking a machine

Not sure what he beat, but to my eyes I am pretty sure the horse will go on to bigger and better things this new flat season.
Takes on a Johnston hot pot tomorrow at Newcastle [2.30]

Win bet at BOG 6-5

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Though yet to see a racetrack am told that this Godolphin filly will do well this season

Beautiful Scenery

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 am

I always like to follow at least one Michael Stoute horse every season, and its a policy that has served me well...

Law Of One

Cracking debut run in October when just failing to get up

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:43 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:42 pm
PlaceWinner wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Takes on a Johnston hot pot tomorrow at Newcastle [2.30]

Win bet at BOG 6-5
Backed as if defeat was impossible...and Wins nicely again

Trust me this 🐎 is a machine ;-)

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:20 am

Racing Post has had its normal pre Cheltenham price increase

Sunday to Friday is now £3.50..up 30p

Saturday is now £3.90...up 70p!

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:29 pm

These yet to race colts am reliably informed will pay their way this Flat season

Arrow Of Gold

Dream With Me

Father Of Jazz

Khabaab

Matthew Flinders

Thank You Power

Tyson Fury

War Cross

All eight expected to shine over mile plus

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:15 pm

With Irish racing looking set to continue despite this horrible virus, and a good flat meeting there on Monday..seems a good idea to mention this yet to race filly who I am told has an engine

Diamond Ring

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:12 pm

I think if horse racing is to return behind closed doors in this country while this horrible virus continues, it would have to be on the Flat [rightly so as the NH boys have had most of their season].

Also it makes sense to only race on one track and that would have to be Newmarket and only involve horses trained there, so restricting movement around the country

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:20 pm

Tomorrows Racing Post Newspaper will be the last until horse racing resumes

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:49 pm

PlaceWinner wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:12 pm
I think if horse racing is to return behind closed doors in this country while this horrible virus continues, it would have to be on the Flat [rightly so as the NH boys have had most of their season].

Also it makes sense to only race on one track and that would have to be Newmarket and only involve horses trained there, so restricting movement around the country
Latest plan is if Racing resumes in May it will be at Regional hubs hosting consecutive fixtures, so as quoted expect HQ to be a certainty to be one of the hosts, probably backed up by Doncaster & Wolverhampton