PC And Tech problems

Talk about anything and everything
Col
Site Admin

Re: PC And Tech problems

Post by Col » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Been at this all afternoon, and can't get it set up wirelessly.
Can't see what I can possibly be doing wrong. {:(

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:50 am

Assume you’re following the instructions? Have you got as far as connecting the printer to the router (but can’t connect devices to the printer) or not even that far?

If you want to recreate what I did, I didn’t do the set up with a pc/laptop, I used my phone initially. Try that route and see if you have better luck. I’ll dig the instructions out later and see if I can remember anything else that might help.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:57 am

I'll have another look at it today harry, but I couldn't even get it connected to the router.
My young lad tried connecting it to his phone by downloading the app, but still no joy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:16 am

If a child can't do it then you've got no chance Col! ;-)

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:07 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Col, it went pretty smoothly for me. I followed the Smartphone/Tablet route in the "Getting Started 2" booklet, IOS Using wireless router.

Assume you're following the relevant set of instructions; if so which step are you falling at? Have you seen the note re if the printer doesn't appear and tried those measures?

I must admit I was anticipating it being harder than it was but, once the printer was connected to the router, it's been a doddle printing from a variety of devices, all wireless.

I'm not the best person, techie wise, to be providing remote support but I'll do my best!

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 pm

No worries harry :)
I'm sure I'll get it going shortly.

Yeah I tried the next set of instuctions as well, no good.
They then go on to tell you you might have to connect using a usb cable, the problem is they don't supply you with one.

My Desktop is hard wired to the router, but every thing else is wireless, so I'm thinking there may be something going on with that.
No hurry, I'll see to it later.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:40 pm

All sorted :thumbs

Loaded it onto my Android phone first without any problem, once that was done the others picked it up right away.

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:41 pm

:thumbs Nice one. As you say, no problem with different devices once you get the printer on the network.