Puntersmate Trading Investment

Talk about anything and everything
Col
Site Admin

Puntersmate Trading Investment

Post by Col » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:11 pm

Evening all :)

I've been given the go ahead to let you know a bit more about this. So we'll forget the puntersmate investment post above, although I'll still update that figure regularly.
and instead I'll concentrate on the bigger picture.

It is all about trading on the forex.

You don't need to know anything at all about the forex to participate in this venture, but I'm sure the more astute members on here will know a few things about it.
I myself knew nothing at all about it, I joined up after following another guys progress, and I'm going to try and do the same here, by showing you how my account is doing.

Minimum investment for this is £1000 no maximum
The more you invest the more your money grows.

I've personally never seen anything like this before
Once you have joined up and made a deposit, everything is done automatically for you.

Below is a screnshot of my investment since 14th Jan 2019
As you can see it just continues to rise, In fact I've been doing this since November and the graph has only ever went one way, and thats up.

forex.gif
forex.gif (15.5 KiB) Viewed 600 times
These guys trade five days a week, weekends and days that are considered volatile are closed, such as when the Brexit vote went through parliament.
As I have said, I'll keep you posted on my investment progress. If anyone is interested post up or send me a message.

The Fenman

Re: Puntersmate Trading Investment

Post by The Fenman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:00 pm

Great stuff mate.

I have absewluteleenoeyedeer what you are talking about but well done :thumbs
Keep doing right things, right things happen. . . Simple innit

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:09 pm

Question from whatsapp
Is your money tied up Col or can you withdraw any time

Answer
Yeah you can withdraw at any time, but you need to make sure there are no trades pending, but basically yes.

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 pm

Well, that will certainly make for an impressive annual growth percentage if it continues on that sort of trajectory! As a very cautious investor I'm always inclined towards the "if it looks too good to be true.." mantra. This is obviously a risky form of investment but one where shrewd and experienced traders can make money, so if your investments are with genuine and skilled traders then you can obviously expect to do well in the long term.

Presumably they are taking some sort of fee, otherwise they're just making you money out of the goodness of their hearts?

How safe is this investment on the scale of giving your money to a bloke you know from the pub versus investing with a regulated financial services business. I understand the investment risk, I'm just wondering about who you are investing your money with.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm sure it does have it's risks harry, I'm not the type of guy that is happy handing over a couple of grand to someone.
But I knew a couple of guys who were involved, so I sat and watched for a few weeks. I'm yet to feel any threat of risk, as every single day has been in profit.

The guys have just moved to a new website so the fees may have changed regarding the server
The fees were £15 for the server, and 20% of the profits

**Per Month**

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:26 pm

The actual forex account is held with https://www.icmarkets.com/en/
So that's who is holding your money

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:43 pm

I'm not entirely getting it but it's been a long day! I've been doing month end checking of all my betting and finances generally followed by 6 Nations study! {8

The £15 for the server bit has thrown me, have you had to buy a server or is it theirs? I'm confused as to whether this is a conventional investment in the sense of you giving your money to someone and them investing it on your behalf or an automated trading thing where you've paid for the software etc.

Not being funny Col but you'll never sell an investment opportunity to me if you can't make it sound simpler than the Fenman's arbing and acca-ing! :lol

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:47 pm

:lol

I'm not exactly sure on the server part harry, as I said, that might have changed with the new website.
It is automated trading, as in they trade, and your account is set to copy their trades.

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:54 pm

:thumbs That makes more sense to me now Col. As I say, been a busy day and was watching the 6 Nations game too which was a bit of a rollercoaster.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:13 pm

As promised I'll run this from tomorrow with a daily P/L
My Bank is around £3500

jimb

Post by jimb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:31 pm

Is that from £1000 Col?
Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:42 pm

No sorry Jim, I should have made that clearer.
I started with £2000 and it started building, then I kept adding more money to the bank as my confidence grew.

I added some more last week which took it to £3500
As I said the more you invest the more your money grows.

I'll put up a daily P/L so anyone can see what is achievable on that figure.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Trading results for February with a bank around £3500

M - 04/02/2019 - Closed Trade P/L: + 15.18
T - 05/02/2019 - Closed Trade P/L: + 6.87

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am

Quite a slow day yesterday by normal trading standards, then you wake up and check your balance :)
Some lovely trades overnight.

gawa

Post by gawa » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Col looks very interesting, I had a quick look at the site through the link you posted but must admit I find it totally baffling. Any way you could do a quick explanation of how it works...?

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi gawa
This is new to me as well, as I know nothing about trading on the forex markets. But then I don't have to, it's all done for you.
There are a couple of guys who trade the forex market, anyone who signs up and invests a minimum of £1000 has their accounts linked to those guys.

They then trade for you, you don't have to do anything at all, you just sit and watch your money grow.
Seems to good to be true? I thought so for a while as well, I now know different.

I thought the best thing to do was run a daily P/L and people can see what's happening
If at any point someone wants to join in, please PM or email me and I can get them set up.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Just to be clear.
These guys that are trading don't hold your money. Your money is deposited to and held with IC Markets, the largest Forex broker in the world.
Your account is linked to the guys who are doing the trading, allowing them to trade for you.

At no time does anyone have access to your funds.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:11 pm

W - 06/02/2019 - Closed Trade P/L: + 12.10

Running Total + 34.15

It's also worth noting that these excellent results are despite the guys running at reduced risk settings in this period of uncertainty.

As a business we have vastly experienced individuals that understand the nature of risk in Forex Trading and despite our incredible live trading history (Over 120% ROI in 6 months) we took the decision to respect the uncertainty surrounding the current market conditions and lowered risk.

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:32 pm

I’ll no doubt follow this with interest but, to be honest, it’s still firmly in “sounds too good to be true” territory to me and I’d urge a degree of caution to you and anyone considering getting involved.

Suffice to say there are a lot of scams being perpetrated in this area and, while this may be entirely genuine, there’s enough risk that it isn’t for me to “keep my powder dry” as we say when it comes to potential bets. For balance, you may wish to have a read of the FCA guidance on the subject.

https://www.fca.org.uk/scamsmart/forex-trading-scams

For your sake Col, given that you’ve got money invested, I hope this is genuine and these sort of results are sustainable in the long term. Frankly though, for me, that’s the outsider of three.

I’d go shorter about the possibility of most days being ones that yield these sort of decent but modest profits but with occasional days where much bigger losses are suffered that wipe out much of the previous gains (a bit like laying 0-0 draws and getting loads of winners before the inevitable strikes).

At the end of the day, if it’s this easy then these guys don’t really need to be trading anyone eles’s money. Trading someone else’s money they could effectively be laying 1.01 shots all the time. While they’re winning it looks great and they take 20% of the profits. When a big loss strikes, it’s your money that’s gone “you knew the risks when you signed up”.

Just my honest take on it, I’ll happily be reading at the end of your first year’s investment to see you’ve increased your money 6 times over!

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:35 am

Morning harry :)

There will always be people who think it “sounds too good to be true” and that's fine.

I've been involved since November, and I've been really impressed with it. I'll just set out some points for people reading.
Some of these points are taken from information provided to me when I joined up.

1) You remain in full control of your own funds in your fully regulated brokerage account at all times, free to stop/withdraw any time.

2) There are no up-front fees to join other than a nominal hosting fee you only pay commission on your profit.

3) Profit is calculated at high-water mark, so if you ever do have a losing month you will not be charged commission again until such time as you finish a month with your profit at a new, all-time high.

4) The service is 100% transparent and you can monitor the verified live-trading results in real-time for as long as you like to decide whether or not you'd like to join.

5) IF they were just gambling to try to make a quick buck, why on earth would they reduce the system to half-risk to protect against a volatile market when this effectively reduces their own income by 50%, why would they shut down the system entirely at times to protect the investment? etc.

6) It's not easy, it took 2 years of researching 19 years of bank data, then an additional 15 months of programming to build. It is also not a static system as many poorly designed automated forex products are - the programmer is on it full time and constantly updating the system with new data on a weekly basis to ensure it can adapt.

7) The age old question of why do they need to sell it if it's so good. Well, why does anyone sell anything? One might ask why High Street Investment firms exist? Why do they go to all the trouble of forming corporations, recruiting clients to manage their money for them when they could just sit around at home and individually trade stocks all day? The simple answer is to raise capital and make more money!

8) Lastly, they are very much putting their own money on the line as the account owned by members of the company's management will attest to:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/DLH2018/jjh/2642013

Hope that helps

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:04 am

Cheers Col, as you can perhaps imagine I’ve made my decision that this isn’t for me so I’ll make this my last post on the subject (unless asked to respond on anything).

One last article that I think is worth a read. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 65856.html

For clarity, can you not just post a link directly to the service that is being offered so we can read the terms and conditions and understand the extent to which it is (or isn’t) regulated? The fact that they are asking for people to go via you to get “set up” only adds to the alarm bells.

In a nutshell, my opinion is that there’s far too much risk of this being a scam for me to get involved. If it’s not a scam then I believe it’s much more of a high risk investment than its being presented as, with the scope for occasional substantial losses that could wipe out the steady gains.

I know you’re posting this in good faith Col and I genuinely hope I’m wrong but I’d encourage a note of caution and only investing money that you’re happy to lose.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:14 am

I think that link is just scaremongering harry.
I've already stated who holds your money, and it's a very reputable source.

It's not possible to just post a link to the service as they don't accept customers that way, there are three steps to opening an account, and I have to walk them through it.
I think I've explained it well enough, and if people don't wan't to join in then thats fine, I'll continue to publish daily P/L

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:26 am

:thumbs Fair enough Col. I’d be interested to know anyone else’s opinion. Given that 80% of the posts in the thread are from the two of us, it may all be academic anyway! :)

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm

I tend to favour Harry's argument. The exponential rate of growth that a daily return like that would produce would be stratospheric. The guys behind it would be making millions and would have no need to bother with the likes of us.

I'm happy to be proved wrong over time though, so good luck to those involved.

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Although I don't really understand what's happening, my first thoughts were exactly the same as Harry's.
It's one thing spunking your own money, but if somebody else did it for you it would be heart breaking.

I was hoping to see Fruity's take on it, although I have/had no intention of trying it myself.

I don't mean to piss on your parade by posting this, Col, and I certainly hope you make money from it, but I can't help but see that one bad day where everything goes tits-up.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Fair enough lads
I'm quite surprised at how different my views are about it to others on here. I keep getting the feeling that I can't be putting the message across very clearly. :)

I'm also involved in a chat group that you get invited to when you register, there are hundreds of people on there who quite obviously by their chat, are very clued up on Forex trading.
They are all raving about it.

As I said though, if you think it's too good to be true, then you shouldn't be investing.
I'm in anyway, and I'll continue to update on here.

jimb

Post by jimb » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:01 pm

Matt will know the answer to this much better than me, but isn’t this how hedge funds operate?

As for the question if it is so good why sell it, taking racing tipsters for example. If they have 100 subscribers at £30 a month they would be mad to give that up
Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:07 pm

I’m not sure drawing a comparison with racing tipsters is the best way to support the integrity of the venture! :lol

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm

W - 06/02/2019 - Closed Trade P/L: + 12.10
T - 07/02/2019 - Closed Trade P/L: + 2.16

Running Total + 36.31

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:01 am

Forex trading could be described as a specific sort of hedge fund.

A hedge fund differs from a typical investment/unit trusts in that it has no specif remit and is, to a degree, unregulated. It can also take short positions (sell shares it doesn't own) whereas a normal fund only buys shares.

Forex trading is a perfectly legitimate pursuit and every major bank will have a Forex desk, plus there are thousands of individuals who do it for a living/hobby.

What puts me off these guys are the "unbelievable"/"too good to be true" results. They are simply not sustainable in the long term.