On-line retailers

Talk about anything and everything
Rakti62

On-line retailers

Post by Rakti62 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:20 am

ebuyer was one of the first I used, a long time ago now. They haven't kept up with the competition. I won't be using them again;

Me: Why is my order taking so long to despatch? I ordered goods from a ebay supplier on the same day and it arrived today by 2nd class post!
All our agents are busy at the moment, but if you can please bear with us someone will be with you shortly
Maria: Do you have an order number please and I can look into that for you?
Me: 25209531
Maria: Just for security can I take your full name and the first line of your billing address please?
Me: xxxx xxxxx
xx xxxxx xxxx xxxx
Maria: This is due for delivery on or before the 3rd. This order was placed on our free within 5 working day shipping service.
Me: If that's the best reason you can give for it not having been despatched, I won't be using ebuyer again! As an online retailer you are behind the times in the current marketplace if you think that's acceptable.
Maria: I'm sorry to hear that, orders placed on an express shipping service would be processed as a priority. If we are able to dispatch orders sooner we would always do so.
Me: Thank you for your time
Maria: Thanks for contacting us, have a nice day
Thank you for contacting us.
Chat session disconnected.

What experiences have you had with on-line retailers? Who do you rate?

Col
Site Admin

Re: On-line retailers

Post by Col » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:37 am

I haven't used ebuyer for a long time, no specific reason though.
I buy nearly everything online nowadays, unless I'm needing it right away, like B&Q or Wickes

Amazon get most of my orders, I do a search in Amazon for whatever I'm looking for, and you can read any reviews.
It still amazes me that you can get a text update saying, your driver Gary will be delivering your parcel between 14:15 and 14:30, and sure as fook, they are. :)

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 pm

I get my butcher meat from a very good butcher online.
Donald russell

Everything you order is shipped out frozen
I placed an order, around £60 worth, and it didn't turn up on the day it was due, So I phoned their hotline asking if there was a delay.
They said that they would get right onto it, and send a replacement out.

The next morning the original order came, and it was still frozen and wrapped in ice. I phoned the company to let them know, they said the replacement will be with you this afternoon
please keep that, and accept it as an apology. :thumbs

Rakti62

Post by Rakti62 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Col wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 pm
I get my butcher meat from a very good butcher online.
Donald russell

Everything you order is shipped out frozen
I placed an order, around £60 worth, and it didn't turn up on the day it was due, So I phoned their hotline asking if there was a delay.
They said that they would get right onto it, and send a replacement out.

The next morning the original order came, and it was still frozen and wrapped in ice. I phoned the company to let them know, they said the replacement will be with you this afternoon
please keep that, and accept it as an apology. :thumbs
Blimey! That is amazing. Guess as it was perishable, they couldn't sell it on.

Rakti62

Post by Rakti62 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Still not despatched - ordered Thu, not despatched by Mon - what a joke outfit.

Rakti62

Post by Rakti62 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Rakti62 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 pm
Still not despatched - ordered Thu, not despatched by Mon - what a joke outfit.
Has now been despatched; 19:20 email.

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Wed May 02, 2018 5:49 am

I get nearly everything from Amazon. Whatever you want is on there, and most things can be delivered the next day (sometimes the same day) with Amazon Prime. Prime costs about £80 a year, but with the amount of deliveries we have it must save us a fortune.

Amazon Prime also gives you loads of TV shows/films that you can stream on a firestick.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:10 pm

I was expecting a parcel to be delivered today by Hermes, I had to go out this afternoon for about an hour.
When I came back and drew up in the car, there was the big parcel I was expecting, sitting right there at my front door in view of anyone passing.

Luckily enough when I got inside the front door, there was a card telling me that they couldn't deliver my parcel to me, so they left it at the front door. :lol

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:43 pm

Our 'safe place' is behind the bin next to the front door. Most delivery drivers put it there first, knock on the door, then run. 8] :lol

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:13 pm

That would of lasted about 2 seconds sitting there where i live Col lol
Money Is A Hoax , Debt Is Slavery , Media Is Manipulation , Religion Is Control

The System Is A Lie