Favourite Movies/TV Shows/Games

Talk about anything and everything
Iain

Favourite Movies/TV Shows/Games

Post by Iain » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi All.

I like watching movies, TV shows and playing games.

Movies - Comedy
My favourite comedy movies are anything with Simon Pegg, so Shawn of the dead, Hot Fuzz, The Worlds End and Paul.

My favourite Science fiction movies are most movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger, especially the Terminator movies.

Horror is my favourite genre. I have watched some very dark films such as A Serbian Film (not recommended to anyone that can't handle extreme violence) and The Human Centipede (not really scary but the concept is disgusting to many people.) However, I have become desensitized to fear from movies. What I find much more scary is playing horror games. It is more like you are participating than watching and a good horror game never fails to scare me.

My favourite TV series are:

Breaking Bad
Prison Break
Wentworth Prison
A Person of interest

My favourite games are Doom, Alien Isolation, Outlast and Outlast 2.

So what are your favourite movies, TV Shows and games?

kenbo

Re: Favourite Movies/TV Shows/Games

Post by kenbo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:48 am

I quite like those Simon Pegg films. My favourite comedies would be There's Something About Mary, Kingpin and American Pie. I used to like the horror genre but I'm not a fan any more. I thought the original Saw film was fairly unique, and I tend to watch Misery whenever it's on.

I'd say 24, and Prison Break were my fav boxsets, but Gold Rush and Alaskan Bush People are the only shows I watch now. Gangland Undercover is a bit of an unknown gem. It's about a drug dealer who's given a choice between a long prison sentence, or infiltrating America's most notorious biker gangs. I enjoyed it that much that I brought his (Charlie Falco) book.

I've not played any video games since I retired my Sega Mega Drive about 25 years ago.

Totally Wired

Post by Totally Wired » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:14 am

Only thing i,ve watched out of all you two mentioned is... Breaking Bad :thumbs .....That Biker lark sounds ok ... where can you watch that ken ?
The Revolution starts at closing time

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:51 pm

It was on one of the Discovery channels. It's well worth a watch, mate.

charliepie

Post by charliepie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Fave films:- Goodfellas, Singles, Luc Besson films, Pulp Fiction, Before Sunrise, St Elmo's Fire, Masquerade, Bad Influence

TV series:- Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead, G.O.T, The Killing/The Bridge etc, Californication, Homeland, 24, Blacklist

Games:- Don't have time these days but used to enjoy Unreal Tournament, Hitman, No One Lives Forever, Half-Life

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Goodfellas is a superb film. :thumbs

charliepie

Post by charliepie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 pm

And my favourite online multi-player game used to be Counter-Strike...