Statutory £2 Credit Report

Talk about anything and everything
Hoofhearted

Statutory £2 Credit Report

Post by Hoofhearted » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 pm

A serious post from me for a change.

I won't go into all the details, but just to say I've had a bit of hassle and inevitable concern this week , one of my credit cards has been hacked however this was fortunately picked up by the fraud team at the card provider, and fingers crossed it's all been resolved apart from reissuing a new card etc. So hopefully apart from the inevitable minor hassle of re advising account references for organisations that I pay via the card, the worse is over.

However for additional peace of mind I wanted to see if there was any unusual history on my credit history ( all major organisations use various agencies to test your credit worthiness and payment history and such enquiries are flagged on your account).

Everything looks well on mine thankfully, however I'd recommend you spend a couple of quid just to obtain a personal report - under data protection you are entitled to one for a nominal fee and most companies charge a token £2.
It will give you the opportunity to correct any errors or highlight any issues if anything is amiss.

Obviously they will try and sell you some additional services, but it's pretty straightforward to get the basic report.
Experian are the market leaders, and I had experience with them in my former working life as they do offer various services to companies, however for quickness and instant access I would recommend Equifax as this is available instantly online - although my understanding is that Experian will hold more data but it takes a week or so by post.

The report will include all your address history, people linked, electrol roll details, and full history of credit card / loans taken out and your monthly repayment record, and who has checked your records.

Col
Site Admin

Re: Statutory £2 Credit Report

Post by Col » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Cheers hoof :thumbs

Glad you got it sorted before any damage was done. The check seems a good idea for a couple of quid.