Study on sports betting marketing and advertising

Talk about anything and everything
hibailogo

Study on sports betting marketing and advertising

Post by hibailogo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi everybody and sorry for interrupting your discussion

At Nottingham Trent University (UK) we’re conducting a research on sports betting. For most people, betting on sports is great fun. For a minority, though, it becomes a real problem. Many people are concerned about the influence betting advertising might have on children and excessive gamblers. That is why we are very interested in the opinion of sport fans and bettors to promote responsible gambling advertising.

We would be extremely thankful if you could commit a few minutes of your time to answers the questions in this link.

https://ntupsychology.eu.qualtrics.com/ ... anguage=EN

Thank you so much for your time

kenbo

Re: Study on sports betting marketing and advertising

Post by kenbo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm

I started filling it out, but to be honest it was one of the most tedious surveys I've took part in. The section about 'my team' had about thirty different questions, which I feel could've easily been lowered, and you still getting the correct data needed.

I couldn't look further ahead either to see how many more questions there were, without answering all the previous questions.

And what the fook is High School!?

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:22 pm

I've not had a look at it yet mate.
It was posted in the Football Forum ? I just moved it up here.

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Rather than asking the right questions (is bookies advertising excessive mentioned in the OP) on a subject, they skirt round it with a loads of fairly irrelevant questions.

I could write ten questions, and get far better results to analyse. And I only finished High School (I think, is that secondary school? Americanisms!!).

One question was something like... What's your employment. I thought 'This is easy, I'm self-employed', but that wasn't an option!

Janthefish

Post by Janthefish » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up Kenbo, read the questions before I started answering. (I didn't proceed). I think we all feel for people who have problems with gambling and would like to help. Maybe start with PP who offered me a free scratch card only to find that the real offer was bet £10 on some arcade game and get 20 'free' 20p spins, all I had to do was press 'accept'.

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Agreed, Jan. I'd happily answer questions on gambling honestly, even if I didn't like to hear my personal results.

It is so easy to gamble these days, and there are a lot of ads on the telly promoting it. That doesn't mean I think it should go the same way as cigarette advertising though.

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 am

Ive got a gambling problem. . .I cant get enough on!!! :lol :lol :lol
Keep doing right things, right things happen. . . Simple innit