IN OR OUT

Talk about anything and everything
harry_rag

Re: IN OR OUT

Post by harry_rag » Thu May 26, 2016 7:07 pm

nick wrote:I don't take offence because Harry and I have been friends since he used to lubricate the propellers of my Spitfire before I took off after the beastly Hun ;-) .
For the avoidance of doubt, none of the components of that sentence are euphemisms of any kind! :>

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu May 26, 2016 7:21 pm

;x;

Janthefish

Post by Janthefish » Fri May 27, 2016 6:44 am

;x;

Timmo

Post by Timmo » Fri May 27, 2016 10:58 pm

New one on me
Apparently we have a euro MP
Any ideas who's yours is

dule_rsfc

Post by dule_rsfc » Sat May 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Nice to know opinion of you guys about the subject, since I’ve been reading (only briefly, fortunately) loads of bollocks from both sides recently.
If I was a Brit, I’d be definitely for out. Keep your life in order and make bilateral agreements with whoever you like. And if nothing else, I'd be properly pissed with Varoufakis' making a case for IN.
Good luck! :thumbs

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat May 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Horse called BREXIT running on Monday 30th May in the 2.20 at Windsor :thumbs
Money Is A Hoax , Debt Is Slavery , Media Is Manipulation , Religion Is Control

The System Is A Lie

youngvanish

Post by youngvanish » Mon May 30, 2016 6:40 pm

The Linnet wrote:Horse called BREXIT running on Monday 30th May in the 2.20 at Windsor :thumbs
5th (8) 1¼ 8 Brexit P Phelan 2 8-7 K T O'Neill 33/1
Listened to disloyal MP's on outside of mainstream, pushed & went along with all populist xenophobic rhetoric but still went 2nd over 2f out, ridden to challenge the truth over 1f out, but weakened inside final furlong when it was clear it was the wrong option.

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Mon May 30, 2016 7:17 pm

youngvanish wrote:
The Linnet wrote:Horse called BREXIT running on Monday 30th May in the 2.20 at Windsor :thumbs
5th (8) 1¼ 8 Brexit P Phelan 2 8-7 K T O'Neill 33/1
Listened to disloyal MP's on outside of mainstream, pushed & went along with all populist xenophobic rhetoric but still went 2nd over 2f out, ridden to challenge the truth over 1f out, but weakened inside final furlong when it was clear it was the wrong option.

Disloyal ? ... You mean they have a different opinion to the mainstream / majority , i would say thats a good thing being able to think for yourself rather than follow the herd as you obviously do

as for the xenophobic bit , blah blah blah , heard it all before , jog on

as you said earlier this is a racing forum why dont you weigh in with some tips then ?

The System Is A Lie

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Mon May 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Btw was funny to read :thumbs

The System Is A Lie

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue May 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Pub chain JD Wetherspoon issues Brexit beer mats

Founder Tim Martin prints 200,000 beer mats calling for UK to leave EU, taking particular aim at Christine Lagarde and the IMF

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... rendum-imf

nick

Post by nick » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:13 am

The Linnet wrote:
as for the xenophobic bit , blah blah blah , heard it all before , jog on
Don't worry, probably will live up to the second part of his username once he has to cough up his fiver ;-) (or should that be his 8 euros :x: ).

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Out for me, I could list umpteen reasons why I would wish to leave but really struggling to think of any reason to stay in

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:11 am

:v:
Keep doing right things, right things happen. . . Simple innit

Janthefish

Post by Janthefish » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:24 pm

I have 4 local councillors (2 of whom are complete a***holes, one os OK and one is good. ) an MP (who is very good, pity she's labour-going to put me in a quandry next election if Corbyn still in charge) and a Welsh AM who I know q well and don't particularly like but seems to do a fair job.. I have an Euro MP who I've no idea who he is, what he stands for or what he does- I'm presuming it's a he. I've met all the councillors, MP and Welsh AM many times but never Mr X. Get out!

nick

Post by nick » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:37 pm

I've no idea who my MEP is either and have just googled to find out and came across the official page of the Information Office In The United Kingdom from which I copy and paste:

What do MEPs do?

Your MEPs are your elected representatives in the European Union. Their job is to represent your interests and those of your city or region in Europe. They do this by listening to people with local and national concerns, to interest groups and businesses. Where necessary, they question and lobby the Commission and the Council of Ministers.

Above all, MEPs pass laws that affect many aspects of our lives, for example:

-how many hours employees throughout the EU can be required to work and how much rest and holiday they must be given;
-which pesticides are safe to use on the food grown in the EU;
-how much you pay for mobile phone calls when you go to another EU country;
-how to use and label Genetically Modified Organisms;
-making children's toys safe;
-the safety of thousands of chemicals used in everyday manufactured goods such as TVs and sofas;
-cleaning up the air we breathe and the water we drink and swim in;
-getting health care in another EU country either on holiday or when the queue is too long in your own country;
-making it easier to study at university in another EU country.

Well apart from the last 2 items on that list, it's hard to believe that a modern, civilised country like the UK cannot deal with laws regarding children's toys, pesticides etc etc. I don't expect many UK citizens will be travelling elsewhere in the EU for health care very often, and it was certainly eminently possible to study at university in other European cities before we joined the Common Market in the 1970's.

What is not included of course is "what do unelected commissioners and bureaucrats do?". Imposing rates of VAT at 20%, for example, and the more serious stuff. Very reassuring that MEP's, "where necessary, question and lobby the Commission.............." In other words they achieve sweet FA!. x-)

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Cllr Duffy of Ramsey, and leader of the UKIP group on Huntingdonshire District Council, told the BBC East Sunday Politics show: “There are some wonderful people who have come into this country and contributed and really integrated – and others who haven’t.

“I’ve worked with police in Wisbech who have to deal with stabbings; some of the migrants just don’t understand how we operate”. {8 {8 {8 {8 {8 {8

Presenter Stewart White tried to intervene but Cllr Duffy insisted: “I can break it down. Go ask the police up there where they deal with it on a daily basis.”

Earlier Cllr Duffy had said that what this country finds challenging is when they “don’t see a level of fairness”.

She said people coming from the Commonwealth must undergo a points based level of entry but “from the EU they just come in. We cannot control who is coming here from the EU.”

Cllr Duffy was taking part in a region wide EU debate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baltic International Food at 50 Hill Street won a surprise decision by the licensing committee of Fenland Council to open for business.

Police licensing officer Phil Richardson wanted the application refused under the council’s own cumulative impact policy that restricts the number of alcohol outlets in the town.

He said there were 12 outlets already selling alcohol within a few minutes walk and he cautioned against another so near The Crescent and St Peters Church gardens which “attracts large number of street drinkers”.

He said these areas had become associated with “violence and crime in recent years necessitating police action”.

Pc Richardson said the number of shops selling alcohol in the town had been a concern for some time and street drinking “sits as a high concern by the local populace”.

And he said recent figures show a rise of nearly 20 per cent in the past year in alcohol related incidents.

The application was before the licensing committee and chairman Michael Humphrey said his members felt the applicant had provided “sufficient evidence to rebut the presumption that we would normally refuse the application”.

The committee also heard from senior trading standards officer Andrew Fayers who claimed the applicants had not provided sufficient evidence to rebut the issues contained within the cumulative impact policy.

Kate Parker, on behalf of the director of public health Dr Liz Robin, said despite the cumulative impact policy the town still faced serious alcohol related problems.

Alcohol related deaths in Fenland were the highest in Cambridgeshire. To year ending March 31, 2015 there had been 316 people in Fenland needing treatment for alcohol misuse – 42 of them requiring either a community detox or admission to hospital.

Good old wiso x-) x-) x-) x-) x-) x-)

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:22 pm

same here Fenny

The System Is A Lie

freebooter

Post by freebooter » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:38 pm

Always had that feeling that the " club " sorry European Union was bossed solely by two counties, now I could be called ridiculous by that statement but I am not even going to name them but in or out you know who I am talking about, so there must be a lot of truth in that.
" Safer in " I would like someone who wants to stay to really explain that to me, good luck with that one.
Fact is this is an exclusive club & though the main players from Europe want us to stay its not for our sake they want that but purely for theirs.

peanut

Post by peanut » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:03 am

freebooter wrote:Always had that feeling that the " club " sorry European Union was bossed solely by two counties, now I could be called ridiculous by that statement but I am not even going to name them but in or out you know who I am talking about, so there must be a lot of truth in that.
" Safer in " I would like someone who wants to stay to really explain that to me, good luck with that one.
Fact is this is an exclusive club & though the main players from Europe want us to stay its not for our sake they want that but purely for theirs.
Agree Freebooter, especially with the highlighted bit , Out we go please. x-)

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:00 pm

anyone see / hear Cameron going about the risk to pensions , NHS etc etc if we left ?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel now aint they ? Scaremongering like that

i think its a dead cert that if we stay in there WILL definatley be no NHS in the future

The System Is A Lie

Janthefish

Post by Janthefish » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:49 pm

My pal went to his dentist(NHS) last week. 11 people in front of him - 4 patients (one who'd brought his family along) and three interpreters who I presume are paid.

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm

My mate works in a custody sweet fink thats the right words {8 {8 {8 If knot yew know what eye mean {8 {8 {8

Interpreturs on 24 hour call all paid for by us x-) x-) 8(:

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:49 pm

The Fenman wrote:My mate works in a custody sweet fink thats the right words {8 {8 {8 If knot yew know what eye mean {8 {8 {8

Interpreturs on 24 hour call all paid for by us x-) x-) 8(:

Yep and in the courts and in the doctors surgery where i am theyre called when wanted

The System Is A Lie

peanut

Post by peanut » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Oh the joys of being in the EU x-)

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 pm

I don't understand any of it, and I couldn't give two hoots if we stay or go.

I don't think I'll bother voting, but if it was compulsory the I'd probably choose "stay", which seems to go against everybody on here. From the little bits I've heard I think that'll suit me (personally) better.

I'm happy with low interest rates as that suits my mortgage better than my savings.
I'm also more than happy with the supply and demand for new houses. I'm doing fewer hours each week and earning more money than I ever have on a regular basis.
I also presume we'd over run with foreigners if we did choose to leave.

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Kenners 5 mins on the naughty step x-) x-)

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:41 pm

The Fenman wrote:Kenners 5 mins on the naughty step x-) x-)
:lol

The System Is A Lie

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:19 pm

I knew I could depend on Gordon Brown.
The minute he starts backing remain, the stay price goes walkabout. :lol

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:51 pm

Ah, the sun comes out tomorrow in favour of leaving.

gigilo

Post by gigilo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:08 am

Murdoch filth..