Talk about anything and everything
nick

Re: IN OR OUT

Post by nick » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:28 am

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:45 am

;x;

just proves i was correct , whats that number one in France :)
Money Is A Hoax , Debt Is Slavery , Media Is Manipulation , Religion Is Control

The System Is A Lie

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:14 pm

8D 8D !8D !8D 8D 8D
Keep doing right things, right things happen. . . Simple innit

dule_rsfc

Post by dule_rsfc » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Congrats to the winners. Don't want to spoil your party, but any chance they’ll try to cancel the results?
There are media spins all across the place that you did something awfully wrong and end is near, then some nutters were photographed and accused for racism, while there are online polls of millions of people who ask for a repeat. {8

nick

Post by nick » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Looks like the "Establishment" are still going their own way x-) 8(: .

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:48 pm

Takes the piss Nick 8(: x-)

Its like saying we dont care what you want we'll do what we want

The System Is A Lie

nick

Post by nick » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:16 pm

nick wrote:................................................................................

I despise the political establishment so much that I doubt we would leave the EU even if the people voted OUT. My cynicism even leads me to think there is a chance that a bogus result will be called.

I can only think of one person of my acquaintance who intends to vote Remain and everyone else I know wants OUT (like me). I cannot understand why so many people on the left or centre left are so wedded to the EU project. The lack of democracy and bullying is disgusting.
I put this on here before the Referendum.

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:41 pm

and totally agree mate

we cant be trusted to decide , its a joke !

WE elect these dickheads to parliament , WE should be listened to , especially when there was so many that voted out , if the vote had gone the other way i cant imagine all this fuss ... we'd of been unhappy but excepted the result ... its just because the elite dont like the way the vote went and are trying anything to reverse the decision ... so much for democracy and the will of the people ...

and as for that arse Tony Bleurgh weighing in with his ten penneth , didnt he do enough damage when he was in power ?

Have to say as well what was the point of the referendum ? in reality it was a complete waste of peoples time and energy and of tax payers money

The System Is A Lie

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:52 pm

WTF IS GOING ON!!!! *,
Keep doing right things, right things happen. . . Simple innit

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:59 pm

The Fenman wrote:WTF IS GOING ON!!!! *,
Good question Fenny x-)

Never mind the Donald will sort it out :lol

what is it with elections not going peoples way ? now the yanks are on the streets protesting ffs , bout time they put their toys back in their prams me thinks

The System Is A Lie

nick

Post by nick » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:01 am

nick wrote:
Wed May 25, 2016 6:52 pm
Much has been said about folk needing "facts" before being able to decide. There has been a load of spurious bollocks on both sides. Personally I think Cameron has been utterly despicable in his conduct following his pseudo-deal with the EU. Whatever the outcome I suspect there will be much unrest in the country afterwards, and Cameron will soon be forced to resign because there will be a vote of no confidence (even if we remain) which his 12-strong Commons majority will not survive. Good riddance!

The obvious, known facts for me are that the EU is undemocratic, wasteful, full of self-serving bureaucratic non-entities, full of hypocrites typified by Kinnock and his wife, Mandelson etc etc who have had 1st class tickets on the gravy train for years. It has led to massive unemployment, especially and tragically amongst young people, in Spain, Greece etc.

Typically the EU budgets and accounts which are reported publicly at the end of May each year have been postponed until after the UK Referendum.

I despise the political establishment so much that I doubt we would leave the EU even if the people voted OUT. My cynicism even leads me to think there is a chance that a bogus result will be called.

I can only think of one person of my acquaintance who intends to vote Remain and everyone else I know wants OUT (like me). I cannot understand why so many people on the left or centre left are so wedded to the EU project. The lack of democracy and bullying is disgusting.

9/2 to leave is tempting, particularly if I could trust the process.
Following the resignation of the Secretary Of State for Brexit (David Davies) last night I think the establishment is slowly but surely shafting the British people - what a surprise!

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:07 am

And now Boris goes.
About time May was rethinking her position.

alancraik

Post by alancraik » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:58 am

The recent resignations are nothing to do with Brexit, its is a civil war in the tory party. Boris would be happy on either side. Time for all the priveleged b******s to go. Lets have another election.

jimb

Post by jimb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:03 pm

The resignation of David Davis had everything to do with Brexit, he was undermined and sidelined by the despicable May
Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

nick

Post by nick » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:20 pm

For all the dimwits, morons and racists who voted to LEAVE the EU - you know who you are! There are plenty of us (oops - you) on here

peanut

Post by peanut » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Like it :thumbs

salmon spray

Post by salmon spray » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:46 am

I voted leave in 1975 ( being precocious I was given a vote even though I was only 10 at the time ). I would have voted leave in 2016 but I was away for 3/4 weeks and my postal vote didn't come through in time. I was still in the mindset I had been 40 years before although I was a bit worried that,unlike in 1975,it was the right-wing leading the charge.
I would now vote remain. I haven't changed my mind about the EU. I still think it is undemocratic,dysfunctional and largely corrupt,but since 1975 we have embedded ourselves too closely not to cause seismic problems if we come out of the Customs Union.If we stay in that there's no point in not being full members.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:00 am

Gordon Brown has stepped forward to declare “I for one have always said I think there will be a second referendum”
That's fine then, who in their right mind has ever listened to anything that discredited clowns like Brown and Blair say.

peanut

Post by peanut » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:27 pm

If there is then obviously democracy no longer exists in this country x-)

nick

Post by nick » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:55 pm

salmon spray wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:46 am
I voted leave in 1975 ( being precocious I was given a vote even though I was only 10 at the time ). I would have voted leave in 2016 but I was away for 3/4 weeks and my postal vote didn't come through in time. I was still in the mindset I had been 40 years before although I was a bit worried that,unlike in 1975,it was the right-wing leading the charge.
I would now vote remain. I haven't changed my mind about the EU. I still think it is undemocratic,dysfunctional and largely corrupt,but since 1975 we have embedded ourselves too closely not to cause seismic problems if we come out of the Customs Union.If we stay in that there's no point in not being full members.
Surely worth the effort to get out of what you describe so well? {:(

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 am

You tell them Boris

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Theresa May to win the no confidence vote
I've had a cheeky little lay at 1.12

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:11 pm

nick

Post by nick » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:57 am

nick wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:16 pm
nick wrote:................................................................................

I put this on here before the Referendum.
Can't help posting this yet again!

If anyone wants the winners of the 2022 Grand National or the 2023 Derby, please PM me ;-) .

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:04 am

They've worn us down nick. :(

peanut

Post by peanut » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:15 am

:( x-) 8(:

nick

Post by nick » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 am

Col wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:04 am
They've worn us down nick. :(
It's the relentless media bias too, Col. There is never anything on the mainstream TV and radio which puts Brexit in a positive spin. Eventually Joe Public swallows the negativity.

This morning there was a small business owner on Radio 5 Live being asked by the Remainer presenters what would happen if we didn't secure a deal. She said she was a "Chocolatier" and would have to put up her prices by 20% because her raw supplies came from Europe. The presenters merely bemoaned her fate and sympathised. An unbiased questioner might have suggested/asked:

1) Outside the EU we could, if we unilaterally chose, remove VAT on chocolate product sales - so she could then retain the same price for her customer.

2) Could she not source her product from outside the EU? Last time I thought about it, cocoa beans etc used to emanate from the likes of West Africa. Might actually help poor workers in Ghana and Nigeria if they didn't have to budget for the protectionist EU trading markets.

There is no doubt the mainstream parties will suffer terribly at the ballot box in the short and medium term. Personally I will vote for any Independent or "stark raving mad" candidate in our upcoming local elections and, assuming we have to hold European elections this May (as seems increasingly likely), I shall certainly vote for the Brexit Party if it can get itself together in time. It would be great to have an even larger phalanx of anti-EU British politicians in Brussels making things even more awkward for Tusk, Juncker, Verhofstadt et al.