Whatsapp group

Talk about anything and everything
dringwr

Re: Whatsapp group

Post by dringwr » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:54 pm

Totally agree with the above posters ,I`m very new to the forum ,haven`t yet found the guts to post a selection on here (although I`ve got to admit the forum hasn`t lost to much ) . Lets hope the forum can enjoy future success . :thumbs

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Can I hear from some of the guys who were'nt really in favour of the whatsapp group.
I really don't want to go with this if it is going to cause friction.

I think we have come to a fair solution to have a trial, and everything posted on here first.

Just a point to note, everyone who is on whatsapp was notified of the forum being down tonight, whereas members who are not, were left wondering what had happened to the forum, because when the forum goes down, my mail server goes down.

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:45 am

Seems fair enough compromise Col
"This will not be beaten"

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:04 am

This fossils going to get techi . . .Long live wassup :thumbs

BUT THE FORUM MUST COME FIRST OR IT WILL ALL TURN TO RATSHIT I M O

Great few posts above B T W long live the wassups :clap :clap :clap :clap
Keep doing right things, right things happen. . . Simple innit

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:42 am

Go with the trial Col, I don't think there's any risk of friction. The discussion has been very balanced with good points on both sides. At the end of the day, we're not Luddites trying to halt the march of technology! :)

The initial impression was that some things were going to be withheld from the public forum and that would therefore exclude those paying members who chose not to engage with the technology. Obviously that didn't go down well and also didn't make sense as pretty much anyone could join the forum and then the group.

Having heard views from both sides I'd say this is just a case of "how do you like your eggs", or how you prefer to receive your information. Some people like to check the forum as and when it suits them and don't want the intrusion of stuff being "pushed" to their phone, others only check the forum once or twice a day and would welcome being alerted to some things via their phone. As long as neither group gets favourably treated there shouldn't be an issue.

It seems to have the potential, done right, to enhance the forum for some without being detrimental for others. It probably won't impact me at all but I'm sure the racing guys will be able to judge how it goes.

peanut

Post by peanut » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:46 am

I think we have come to a fair solution to have a trial, and everything posted on here first.
Seems the way to go Col, we won't know till we try it :)

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Ok lads thank you all for your views. It looks like we go ahead with the puntersmate group on whatsapp.
Please remember everything has to be posted on the forum first, or the future of the group will be in jeopardy.

Wherever that is

Twisler

Post by Twisler » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Jeopardy. ...
Peoples court....peoples court.
Judge Wapner...peoples court

Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:25 am

Just catching up on this - I've not posted for a couple of weeks or so a combination of having lots on plus a short break in Ireland.

I do have a compatible phone but in the short term will just have a watching brief -a combination of I'm still a bit concerned about security, my Yorkshire man has suspicions of if anything is for nothing there must be a catch/ some motive for the provider, plus in the same way I'm not on Facebook I just want to minimise my time on the phone / less distractions.

I think a good compromise has been reached.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:47 pm

Well done lads :thumbs
The whatsapp group seems to be going very well, thanks to everyone posting on the forum first.
Also a nice bit of banter going on with all the lads. Some nice touches also from Twisler posting videos and pics.

Great stuff chaps :clap

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:40 am

I hear you wassup boys have a genius dog man.

Fink i better ditch the nokia 360 and stop being a luddite {:(

tigerspet

Post by tigerspet » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi how do you get in too whatsapp group :v:

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:37 pm

I've mailed you mate. :)

Timmo

Post by Timmo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Col wrote:I've mailed you mate. :)
Can you send to me Col :thumbs

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi Timmo
Just pm me with your mobile number, and make sure you have whatsapp on your phone. :thumbs

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:56 am

Hear someone in this group has upset "gigilo" on talking horses forum!

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:14 am

That's correct mate.
I'll post up an explanation later.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:24 am

We had a new guy joined us last week slimchance, who is also a member of talking horses, said he would post up giggsy's selections on the whatsapp group.
I thought nothing of it, as giggsy's posts are on a free forum.

Giggsy found out about it, and sent the guy an email asking him what he was fooking playing at.
Slimchance then sent me a message, telling me that giggsy had found out that he was posting his selections.

I told him that giggsy was a past member on puntersmate, and someone might have told him.
He then told me, that answer wasn't good enough, and someone from puntersmate had grassed him up, close my account now.

So I closed his account.

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:37 am

Bit daft in my opinion

I respect Giggsy as a racing pundit, but he strikes me as being a bit volatile .

Lots of "free forum" info are shared on line though in this case seems "slim" was quite friendly with Gigilo which probably explains why he is not happy

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:56 am

I told him that giggsy was a past member on puntersmate, and someone might have told him.
He then told me, that answer wasn't good enough, and someone from puntersmate had grassed him up, close my account now.

So I closed his account

See ya :v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

beakers2

Post by beakers2 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:32 am

regarding your whatsapp group ,firstly i know ive only just joined this forum on a trial basis but would it not have been easier if you had a private section to your forum where only approved members had entry to,then you could keep things that you didnt want others to see private

as i said im only on a trial and depending how that goes then really it does not concern me but its just a thought

regards beakers2

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:51 am

Hi beakers2
Welcome to puntersmate. :)

Can I just reassure everyone there is nothing secretive or private going on in the whatsapp group.
It was originally set up to pass on sensitive information from one of our members stable connections. but that is no longer the case.

Everything that is discussed in the whatsapp group should be posted on the forum first, and by and large that is exactly what's happening.
There are the odd exceptions where someone can't get on the forum, so he posts on the whatsapp group, and asks another member to copy it to the forum.

I had a conversation the other week with one of our members, when I said this

"What I will say though, sometimes forum members are getting a distorted view, because I've seen someone say on the forum for instance.
so and so mentioned that horse on whatsapp, now to all intents and purposes, you would have thought that the group had been discussing a selection,
whereas someone might have just said that they like a runner in the 4.30.
That kind of post means nothing to me, so I wouldn't tell him to post it on the forum."

I think all the guys who are using whatsapp, myself included, think it complements the forum very well.
There is some cracking banter in the group, and the guys who post up the dogs are fantastic

nick

Post by nick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:10 am

Col wrote:
Everything that is discussed in the whatsapp group should be posted on the forum first, and by and large that is exactly what's happening.
There are the odd exceptions where someone can't get on the forum, so he posts on the whatsapp group, and asks another member to copy it to the forum.

I think all the guys who are using whatsapp, myself included, think it complements the forum very well.
There is some cracking banter in the group, and the guys who post up the dogs are fantastic
Sorry, Col, but very sadly :( :( no greyhound selections are ever posted on the forum nowadays.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 am

Yeah sorry Nick, I didn't make that clear.
I did make an exception for the dogs in the whatsapp group back in August
Just a quick update on the dogs.

oioiboy and bakes1980 are creating a storm on the whatsapp group.
After discusions with the lads, I'm convinced that the way they work is more suited to the whatsapp group rather than the forum.
This is mainly due to the dog prices being very late to appear on most books. and the time it would take to be logged into the forum and post any selections.

I'm going to make an exception to the rule for the dogs being posted on whatsapp.

nick

Post by nick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:26 am

Cheers, Col.

There are dog prices early on some books. Today for example Coral have priced this afternoon's meeting at Hove and Bet 365 have priced Belle Vue.

I appreciate the sensitivity of greyhound prices and accept that the guys in the know might not want anything revealed too early. However, I never found that little old me taking an early price about Hoof's excellent Sheffield info affected the market there in any way.

bakes1980

Post by bakes1980 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:32 am

nick wrote:
Col wrote:

Sorry, Col, but very sadly :( :( no greyhound selections are ever posted on the forum nowadays.
Why not join us then nick?

nick

Post by nick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:40 am

Dinosaur, mate :> :> .

Trouble with them mobile phone thingies. My fault entirely.

Not really sure that the agreement to post everything on the forum first is being kept to (notwithstanding the exception that Col made regarding the dogs).

It's no big deal, and I certainly don't want to stir things up and cause any friction. ^/

Cripsy1

Post by Cripsy1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:42 am

Just my thoughts , i think the forum and wattsapp group run really well together . Mostly on the wattsapp group its banter and occassionaly what do you fancy in yhis next race . Not a well thought out reasoned tip the like of which we get from the forum . Both have there place and use . Can i also say what a great freindly bunch on both and they have given some fantastic tips making me okenty . Col you should be proud of the best punter freindly site around . Cheers alan

oioiboy

Post by oioiboy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:49 am

Problem is I play dogs full time, only 365 and paddies do earlies. Odd occasion corals and lads may do them. None take more than a score on any dog bet I want on there early shows. If i post up what i like before the opening show I am ruining any chance of me getting any value on that selection. Paddies undercut or copy 365 on most dogs and if they have a bet of over 25 quid they cut it. I'm happy to share what I'm playing and have been doing on whatsapp since the start as its instants notification but for me to post on any forum before I'm on myself would be crazy.

All horse/nfl/nba/handball etc bets i have shared on whatsapp have all been posted on this forum. I understand whatsapp isn't for everyone as is the same with forums and social media. I would never post up my dogs on any forum but with whatsapp it gave me the chance to share that stuff as it's instant and can do while I'm trying to get on myself in the bookies.

Hope that all makes sense

bakes1980

Post by bakes1980 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:52 am

nick wrote:Dinosaur, mate :> :> .

Trouble with them mobile phone thingies. My fault entirely.

Not really sure that the agreement to post everything on the forum first is being kept to (notwithstanding the exception that Col made regarding the dogs).

It's no big deal, and I certainly don't want to stir things up and cause any friction. ^/
I don't mind spending time to help you use it. Just give me a shout