Whatsapp group

Talk about anything and everything
nick

Re: Whatsapp group

Post by nick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 am

That's a genuinely kind offer, Bakes :) :) .

However, I'm an awkward old sod who hates mobile phones with a vengeance.

I was never sticking more than £50 on a dog when they used to be posted, but I totally respect the reasons for them not being posted on the forum any more :thumbs .

bakes1980

Post by bakes1980 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:00 pm

I think nick it would be a great compromise for yourself as 50 per dog I would say would easy get u 10k a year easy

Madcatty

Post by Madcatty » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Don't really post on discussion threads however my cage has been rattled enough.

I discuss horses on whatsapp before the forum sometimes. I do that to weed out any suggestions that aren't worth posting on the main site. I've put up one today that is a jumps horse. I trust the source but don't wish to post all of them, there would be
too many. I wouldn't feel confident about these.
I know little about jumps racing. However sometimes something catches my eye. Normally the bigger priced ones. What Ido next is ask for opinions from the whatsapp group from the jumps judges. If they're positive I will then post on main site. I go to that trouble for the benefit of everyone on the site. I think the phrase that's relevant is quality rather than Quantity.

As regards flat racing they're posted on the main site as my selections. Theyre is sometimes some horses posted last minute that's the nature of information in today's world. Nothing is going to be perfect and nothing is going to be totally fare to everyone. What's important to me is the intention of everyone on whatsapp is to find source and check information that may or may not result in profit for the none whatsapp ppl. I believe as a member that's what's happening the vast majority of the time. Oh and we also post a lot of banter and rubbish that won't suit everyone.

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:07 pm

It all sounds fine to me, it's people's choice (mine included) not to engage in "Whatsappery" for whatever reason, probably because of varying degrees of tech aversion.

No point in trying to be a Canute and hold back the tide of progress, and it sounds like the 2 outlets are working together in a harmonious enough way, which is what I'd expect with Col at the helm.

Some people like to "pull" their information as and when it suits them (e.g. come and see what's on the forum) others like to have it "pushed" to them as soon as possible (e.g. via Whatsapp). The former group would probably find Whatsapp intrusive and an irritation. It also sounds like it's a good outlet for chat and quick opinion seeking, which is less suited to the forum.

In some respects, Whatsapp would work better for my goalscorer bets as they're often last minute due to waiting for confirmed line-ups. Luckily that's rendered largely academic by the fact that everyone has the good sense not to follow any of my selections! :lol

Madcatty

Post by Madcatty » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:19 am

Thanks Harry,

Team line-ups is something we can easily get to you on whatsapp as soon as the information is in the public demain. You ask someone will find. Has to be whatsapp though. It is possible to turn the sound offf so your phone isn't bleeping at you.

nick

Post by nick » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:06 am

I don't think I've posted anything to rattle anybody's cage.

Read what I have said.

I have nothing at all against the Whatsapp Group.

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:08 pm

nick wrote:I don't think I've posted anything to rattle anybody's cage.

Read what I have said.

I have nothing at all against the Whatsapp Group.

I'm not on Whatsapp but may soon join as God forbid for another reason I may also have to get on twitter.
I'm drawing the line on joining Facebook though :).

Anyway just in Nicks defence I didn't see anything amiss in anything Nick said.

Let's draw a line under it have a group hug and move on ^/

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:36 pm

Whatsapp chat

Col, if you see this, is there a way of getting a message to everyone on forum without it being posted on the forum?

I can mate

Reason I ask is I was given some info today about a horse from someone who has given me 2 winners 3 selections (other one came third not beat much). I want to give this info to everyone but can't put it on a forum for obvious reasons. It's not running until next Friday so we can let everyone know Thursday what it is. Obviously not a cert as nothing is, but I can't be seen posting it on a forum

No probs mate, keep me up to date, and I can send it out. :thumbs

Will do mate :thumbs

Expect mail on thursday

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:23 pm

I have to apologise if you didn't receive an email from me tonight at 5.35 pm, regarding the racing selection.
I'm only now getting messages from my host that the mass email was not sent, due to problems with the email system.

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:48 pm

does that mean its been sent now Col ?
Money Is A Hoax , Debt Is Slavery , Media Is Manipulation , Religion Is Control

The System Is A Lie

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm afraid so mate
It was sent out at 5.35 and at 10.00 pm I received a message that my mail was not sent out, due to problems with the email system.

The selection has duly been smashed :(
I can only apologise.

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:56 pm

oh bugger , not to worry cheers for the heads up mate :thumbs

gutted :(
Money Is A Hoax , Debt Is Slavery , Media Is Manipulation , Religion Is Control

The System Is A Lie

toptwo

Post by toptwo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:29 am

Can't you PM the selection on here , no email here #just saying

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:35 am

Yes, you can use the private message system on here, but you can only send so many at a time, I think it's about a dozen.
The easiest way is to use the forum software to send an email to registered users.

It's usually instant, and this is the first time I've had any bother with it. :(
The hosts are looking into the problem.

toptwo

Post by toptwo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:23 am

cool mate, How long would batches of twelve take? just thought you'd want to get the selection out before it runs :thumbs

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:36 am

Just to let everyone know that the board email problem has been sorted out.
It was just unfortunate that it happened on the first day we sent out some inside information.

On the tip that was sent out it was priced around 20/1 and hammered into 7/1 before the race, alas something was obviously not quite right as it failed to even place. {8

kenbo

Post by kenbo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Was it Warba?

I've not looked at this thread for a long time. I now know how Detective Timmo sussed out Slime Chance.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Can't remember mate.