On TV Tonight

Talk about anything and everything
jim

Re: On TV Tonight

Post by jim » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 pm

;x;

Some of the things we did I'm surprised I'm amazed I'm still here!

Going into the home end at Millwall in 1976 with Chelsea ranks as one near death experience!

LFC1892

Post by LFC1892 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:00 pm

listen to some true music mates...goes with a drink of course :)

[youtube][/youtube]

millwallsean

Post by millwallsean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Surprised you're still here to tell the tale mate lol that would of been the F Troop / The Treatment back then for us

Not a nice experience coming to the den for visiting fans , full stop

millwallsean

Post by millwallsean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Uriah Heap ... think not LFC , not my sort of music mate ... and i dont drink lol

LFC1892

Post by LFC1892 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:22 pm

You are a Millwall supporter and you don't drink :) even a beer..I don't believe you mate ;:) Btw I'm listening to all kinds of music but the rock music is the greatest in my opinion :cheers

millwallsean

Post by millwallsean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Honestly lol aint drunk for years now :thumbs

jim

Post by jim » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 pm

The Cold Blow Lane End, never was a stand more aptly named, no idea how I got out alive.

I remember the games when Millwall came to Chelsea in the early 80's, when George Graham was manager. My usual pub, the Adelaide, was shut for refurbishment and me and my mates were in the Nell Gwyn early doors. There were only about 20 of us in there, about 6 o'clock some little herbert walked in, shouted come on you Chelsea c**ts who wants some. We were thinking the worst as we knew there must have about 200 blokes outside with him, turns out he was on his own! He walked over to the Wheatsheaf and did the same, bloke was about 5 foot 6 but a complete nutter.

Millwall started a fire on the terraces that night and when the OB went in to sort it out they attacked them, never seen such a load of lunatics and I followed Chelsea all over the country from the early 70's to 86.

jim

Post by jim » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Top of the Pops is a really good song, thought X Ray Specs were really good, what a sad sight Ian Curtis was, Love Will Tear Us Apart is classic.

Like most people I love the Clash, Tommy Gun is one of my favourite songs.

I loved some of the not so punk songs from that era, Sound of the Suburbs was one, particularly liked Saturday Night Beneath the Plastic Palm Trees as the Tottenham Royal was an old haunt. Dressed up in me fringe and tassle loafers and two tone tonic or Prince of Wales check trousers, I must have looked a right berk! Loads of football action went on there too.

millwallsean

Post by millwallsean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:47 pm

:thumbs True ... thats why i have Millwall FC We Fear No Foe on my hand lol

Werent Harry the Dog was it ? The bloke who came in the pub ? or Bob Payne ?

millwallsean

Post by millwallsean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Sound Of The Suburbs by The Members is one of my all time favourites Jim and Gary Gilmores Eyes by the Adverts

and probably the best Punk song ever Holiday In Cambodia by THe Dead Kennedys :)

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:49 pm

This is where I drop in...I saw the DKs in Tejas in the '80s.

Great stuff playing in a place called 'The Ritz'. Jello and the lads opened with 'Let's Lynch the Landlord' and it just got better. Jello dived onto me during 'Too drunk to Fuck'. "Holiday in Cambodia" and that opening whooping helicopter sound... :) I put "Halloween" right up there too Sean.

'Black Flag' was another big American band. Saw them too when they were at their best.

Missed 'The Ramones' though. Wrong part of the country or wrong time. A shame.

millwallsean

Post by millwallsean » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:33 pm

You jammy sod Jock 8):

Loved em , absolutley brilliant band and Jello Biafro has to be one of the best frontmen i think .. clever bloke as well , very socially and politically aware

I dunno i think Nazi Punks F*** Off and California Uber Alles are two of the best as well mate although there arent many of their songs i dont like :)

My Missus (well im seperated now) comes from San Francisco , home of the DKs

Black Flag .. now yer talking ! "Six Pack" .. classic ... would of loved to of seen em at CBGBs before it shut down . Home of NYHC .. Agnostic Front etc ..

Being out west did you like DRI as well Jock ?

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:05 am

I agree with what you say about DK songs Sean. It is hard to find a bad one when you liked the band. Both songs you mentioned they played that night I saw them.

I didn't see DRI. The local punk groups I went to see included 'The Dicks', 'Sharon Tate's Baby', 'The Big Boys', 'Million of Dead Cops' and the 'Butthole Surfers'.

The local shows were raw, ground breaking stuff for the region. Hippies and cops took exception as they were often targeted in the songs. When 'The DK' and 'Black Flag' visited you noticed the difference. It was the local bands though that encouraged the big groups from California to visit. The DK had issues over their safety because of their name and Texas' association with JFK's death. They finally agreed to a one gig stop-over from New York to San Francisco.

I should think a wife from San Francisco is/was more fun than not. :)

millwallsean

Post by millwallsean » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:24 am

Heard MDC and The Butthole Surfers Jock , cant say i have heard of the rest

I interviewed DRI for my zine years ago , top blokes they are :)

Yeah it was okay being wed to her , didnt see much of her lol , she was there i was here , she works in the exploratorium in SF

Gotta say big fan of NYHC and American Punk / Oi! in general

One of the best bands (who i interviewed for the zine) to come out of the US i think are Bonecrusher from Orange County

jim

Post by jim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Orange County has been twinned with Essex :lol

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:15 pm

There's a betting related film out called 'Lay The Favourite' with Bruce Willis. 'Rotten Tomatoes' only gives it two stars though.

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Another clue that it lacks merit is that it is showing here in Warrington. :)

jim

Post by jim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Bruce Willis turned down the chance to shag Cybill Shepherd when they were on Moonlighting, always thought he's an idiot ever since. That woman is proper filth.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:35 pm

I used to love Moonlighting. Great show.

jim

Post by jim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Better than watching Spain, how boring are they?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:07 am

France didn't offer much at all, it was almost as if they surrendered. ;)

jim

Post by jim » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 am

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band on Sky Arts tonight, live from the Isle of Wight.

At the age of 63 he played for 3 hours 48 minutes in Madrid, and by all accounts Friday's show at Man City was incredible. The man really is a freak of nature, the best live act there has ever been in my opinion.

millwallsean

Post by millwallsean » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:06 am

Matt wrote:France didn't offer much at all, it was almost as if they surrendered. ;)

;:) No great shock there then Matt

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:43 am

This was rather interesting on the ITV last night.

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=320158

While watching it I was mindful of the fact that Bolt got upset in Jamaica this past weekend. Like the 5F at Chester a poor start can wave goodbye to your chances.

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:21 pm

LFC1892

Post by LFC1892 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Not one of my favourites but they are a good band and they have some nice songs. Behind blue eyes is one of their most famous songs and one of the greatest ballads ;)

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Coming up shortly, John Lydon on question time!!! {8

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:20 am

Back to the Mob films... I am looking forward to 'Lovefilm' delivering Naples set 'Gomorrah' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929425/ Not one for the fainthearted.

Another one I am after in set in East London...'The Long Good Friday' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081070/

peanut

Post by peanut » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:54 am

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:59 am

Cheers Peanut. :thumbs

I usually watch this programme on my off days, but I missed this one.