On TV Tonight

Talk about anything and everything
harry_rag

Re: On TV Tonight

Post by harry_rag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 pm

The beeb have got it in for anything betting related tonight. They've changed the scheduled episode of New Tricks, missing out one that involved the death of a bookie! {8

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:48 am

'Country File' was from Anglesey yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 8_10_2012/

I suppose I'm showing my age posting that link. :) Anglesey is the poorest county in the UK, beautiful in parts though. I meet loads of people from down South who travel on the London-Holyhead line to stay on the Island. I'm just around the corner from the Menai Straits here in Caernarfon. Môn - to use the Welsh name is straight across the water. The photo for 'Walk 1' at this Site shows Caernarfon Castle through the trees from Môn. http://www.angleseywalkingholidays.com/walks.html

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Anyone who watched "Inside Claridge's" last night would have seen Gerry Parker, who we are told is an ex-bookmaker.

He did time in 'Shubs' for being in a possession of a nicked Jag and a sawned off-shotgun (a interesting tool for a bookmaker :) ). I had a look around for him on the Web and I couldn't find anything about him being a bookmaker. If this is the same Gerry Parker then he worked under the Jewish gangster Jack "Spot" Comer. 'Spot' ran illegal gambling dens until betting on horse racing became legal, so that's probably how Parker became known as a 'bookmaker'.

His first spot on the show starts at 15:16. He is then again on at 49:20 (see link below). In that second slot he gives us a slice of life "Our home is twin beds, two bathrooms, two television rooms...It's an ideal marriage...ideal' My fiancé and I had to laugh as she recently said we need two PCs and two TVs when we live together. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_2/

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:12 am

Programme guide to Jools tonight. I'd need a siesta to make it. :)

"British musical icon and recording artist for over 50 years Petula Clark performs two of her biggest songs along with a surprising cover of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy from her upcoming album. The biggest selling act of 2012, singer-songwriter Emeli Sande performs numbers from her million-selling Our Version of Events, including her No 1 single Read All About It where she will be joined by Professor Green. Also in the studio is soul legend Bobby Womack with a track from his recent album The Bravest Man in the Universe, along with a number or two from his vast back catalogue. One of the UK breakout stars of the year Lianne La Havas performs her ode to going out with an older man in Age, plus an Ella Fitzgerald number. King of the charts in the early 80s, Adam Ant performs some of his classic pop tunes along with a number from his upcoming album with his new group The Good, the Mad and the Lovely Posse. East London's own Paloma Faith sings an Etta James number along with Just Be from her big-selling 2012 album. Scandinavian good timers and smart dressers The Hives drop in to dazzle with their rock and roll tunes, including crowd favourite Hate To Say I Told You So. From Detroit, soul singer Bettye LaVette performs her 1965 tune Let Me Down Easy, along with her take on The Black Keys' I'm Not the One from her new album. Frontman of Dexys Midnight Runners Kevin Rowland reprises a couple of their classic 80s tunes along with a number from their 2012 album One Day I'm Going to Soar. Holding court in the 'middle of the floor' is Nottingham's newest star, singer-songwriter Jake Bugg, who had huge success in 2012 reaching No 1 with his debut album. Sharing the space is legendary Irish folk group The Dubliners, who are celebrating their 50th anniversary and perform a couple of their classic tunes including the barnstorming The Irish Rover. Concluding the line-up are Fine Young Cannibals frontman Roland Gift, with one or two of their classic tunes, and UK soul singer extraordinaire Ruby Turner."

Bettye LaVette attracts my attention from this line-up. The old gal still has it. :)

Beattheodds

Post by Beattheodds » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:21 am

My fav music programme of the year, cant wait what a top line up as per usual.... :clap

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:36 am

My 'fav' too. I recall when Lulu was scheduled and thought 'oh dear', but she wasn't the Lulu I grew up watching. She belted her numbers out with great gusto. :thumbs This is the last time in the BBC Studios by the way.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:47 am

Looking forward to seeing Dexys in whatever form :)

Federer1

Post by Federer1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am

Great lineup - I'm looking forward to seeing Emeli Sandè - one of the best voices I have heard in a long time.

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 am

Did you guys catch the BBC 4 music shows Friday? Pink Floyd, The Doors?..

Tonight on 'Film 4' a good Turkish film called 'Once Upon a Time in Anatolia' 11:10pm. A well regarded film that was the co-winner of the 'Grand Prix' in Cannes in 2011. I won't tell you what it is about...find out for yourself and see if you fancy it.

I like Turkish inspired cinema. Right now I'm into the German/Turkish Director Fatih Akin. He usually does 'slice of life' films.

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 am

I saw the music doc's Jock, particularly enjoyed the Doors one. A band I feel I should like but struggle to get into. Might have another go, starting with LA Woman which someone gave me their spare copy of. Got the impression Soft Parade might appeal to my tastes.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:55 am

Seen the wish you were here documentary jock.
Some very poignant stories about Syd Barrett, but the more I listen to Roger Waters, the more I begin to realise why the band didn't get on very well together.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Watched the great train robbery tonight, and completely forgot about Lucan part two on the other side.
Catch up it is then.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Made in Dagenham

British TV at it's best :)

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Kate Garraway looking a little minx on the lottery tonight :>

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu May 29, 2014 7:39 pm

On Question time tonight.

Piers Morgan and Joey Barton will go head to head on Question Time tonight when they join the panel to talk about the week's political issues.

And they've been gearing up for the evening's debate by trading insults on Twitter beforehand.

Should be interesting :)

The Fenman

Post by The Fenman » Sat May 31, 2014 1:59 pm

Supervet.

Wonderbar ^/
Keep doing right things, right things happen. . . Simple innit

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:06 am

Now rather than tonight, on BBC2, the FIFA Mexico 1970 documentary.

If anyone wants an alternative to Saturday Kitchen where the guest is a member of the Wanted who's never made a solo TV appearance before!

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:56 pm

ITV showing the 1st ever episode of Never the Twain tomorrow afternoon; for some reason I find myself compelled to record it to see how well it's survived the passage of time!

Windsor Davies overacting for all he's worth, Donald Sinden presumably slumming it for the money. Apparently it ran for 10 years and 11 series! {8

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:02 pm

anyone watch 'Mickey Flanagans Detour De France' ?

Class :thumbs

and the best part was when he said "Whats the point of Belgium ?" .. "Never really answered that one" :lol

Look forward to France then :)
Money Is A Hoax , Debt Is Slavery , Media Is Manipulation , Religion Is Control

The System Is A Lie

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Not on TV but in case you want to see it.

Rosetta mission: ESA attempts to land spacecraft on comet – live coverage

http://www.theguardian.com/science/acro ... -live-blog

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:46 am

Be good to see this back tonight
TFI Friday

TFI will be broadcast at 9pm on Friday, June 12 on Channel 4

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Just enjoyed watching the first part of "Rock and Roll America" on BBC4. Well worth catching if you're into the history of rock music.

Hard to imagine the impact the music had as it seems relatively tame to us now but makes sense when you see it in the context of the times.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Britain at the bookies :)
21.00 on BBC

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:26 pm

Just watching 8 out of ten cats does countdown, that Rachel Riley is a sexy beast of a woman.
Anyway, I got arroused

Suzie ruled it out, there was only one r

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:52 am

Col wrote:Just watching 8 out of ten cats does countdown, that Rachel Riley is a sexy beast of a woman.
Anyway, I got arroused

Suzie ruled it out, there was only one r
forget her m8 kate abdo on sky sports news and sarah stirk presenting the golf now they are two fine women indeed oh and i cant leave out hayley mcqueen.....

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Cradle To Grave BBC 2 at 21.00
Caught this last week
Written and based on Danny Bakers family in the 70's Starring Peter Kay as Danny's dad.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:22 pm

Is anyone watching Piers Morgan ?
My god Raquel Welch at 75 is Stunning :>

PlaceWinner

Post by PlaceWinner » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:41 am

Agree...she has had some work, but still impressive
"This will not be beaten"

nick