Room 101

Post by Col » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Need to have a rant about something!!
Put it in here...Don't let it fester :)

Col
Site Admin

Re: Room 101

Post by Col » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:48 pm

What is going on with this James Corden Fella. x-)
He is not funny or entertaining, yet he is never off the Telly.

Now it seems we have him right throughout the World Cup.

He must have some compromising pictures of people high up in TV land.

bollybear

Post by bollybear » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:55 am

My first candidate for Room 101 is that guy that plays Barnaby in Midsomer Murders. Imho the worst actor I have ever seen and the luckiest. He traded on his good looks in Bergerac but now they are gone he has to rely on his acting skills or not ! His arms have a life of their own-maybe he doesn't have elbows? They would look perfect in a Russian military parade 8] . Not that I watch the programme ,of course :)

russ

Post by russ » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Barnaby may be the luckiest policeman too - his wife seems accidentally to solve most of the crimes thanks to a a book she's been reading or a hobby she's been doing!

Clearly I don't watch it either! :)

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:45 pm

John Nettles is your man Bolly.

bollybear

Post by bollybear » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:21 am

God,he's just been awarded an OBE ( other b*****s efforts). Wonder what is was for,because it can't have been for acting ;:)

jim

Post by jim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:55 pm

The bloke who invented those horrible horns at the World Cup, I'm now watching it with sound turned down.

I called pest control after the first game as I thought I had a wasps nest, what was he thinking?

theborrower

Post by theborrower » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:49 pm

could be worse ,could be 50'000 rattles

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:47 pm

I like watching the 'Great National Railway Journeys' with the highly educated Michael Portillo (even though a repeat), but why is it that he does not admit that it was Tory policy under the 'Mad Bat' that caused so many of the industries to bite the dust?

jim

Post by jim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Manufacturing fell faster from 1997 onwards than at any other time, it's not just the Tories Jock.

Personally I think we should start making things again, start subsidising manufacturing, open up the mines etc.

We would be better served by employing our own, even with heavy subsidies, than importing everything. It's a double whammy, they have no need to pay out benefits because people are working, and the employees are net tax payers instead of benefits receivers.

It would also boost local communities, thus improving local employment and the tax take, covering the cost of the subsidy, and everyone is happy.

Vote Banks!

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Makes perfect sense to me mate :thumbs

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:41 pm

I was on the go compare site getting a quote, when up popped this
ad box...."Where did you hear about Go compare "

Are they havin a fookin laugh :lol

bollybear

Post by bollybear » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Don't start me on advertising,Col ];[
I think I mentioned it on the old site- but how do DFS get away with it ? The only furniture you can't buy from them is furniture at normal price! What do they mean by "half price sale"? Half the price of some mythical price that they invent. No other retailer has the items ,so you cannot compare. It is all complete b****x.
As someone who worked in retail- if they can knock 50% off,then they are charging far too much in the first place!

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:21 am

Ordered my new phone the other day, and it was to be delivered
on Saturday. Saturday came and gone and no sign of it.

Checked out the track your order, where it said.

THE ADDRESS IS IN A REMOTE AREA AND DELIVERIES ARE NOT MADE DAILY / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

Fookin ell.....I'm in the City of Dundee not Timbuctoo ];[

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Mancs.

A pain the arse they are! :)

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Ah well, a wee song fae no hard feelings... :)

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:04 am

I got a 12p per hour raise at work. I asked the boss what am I supposed to do with 2% pay increases each year? No reply.

The girlfriend's CSA payments have been cut from £175 a month to £24 a month. Changes in her ex's 'circumstances'. Some of you guys may want to know that her ex paid that £175 for ten years. Be careful. :) Any way this change now means that I will be expected to pay completely for our meals etc out. A 75 year old Welsh granny at work told me that if I wanted sex then I ws going to have to pay (not her though Jimbo :lol )

Thank heavens for the new season. Better avoid those 0-0s though :)

russ

Post by russ » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 pm

I saw some of Channel 4's Million Pound Drop this evening. Not a bad concept for a quiz, but it took 50 minutes to ask one couple just 7 questions until they finally lost all their money. Add in Davina McCall trying to make it sound as if it were the most exciting quiz ever and a whooping and hollering audience and it's fair to say I shan't be rushing to watch it again! :snooze

superunited

Post by superunited » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 pm

can I put up graham norton his voice goes right through me,bring back wossie

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue May 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Bought a pack of razor blades today to go with the razor the missus bought me the other week.

Five blades on one razor £10 a pack of four
How the fook did I ever manage with one blade {8

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Software updates for me. Everyday a pop-up!

Yes, they can be switched off, but you don't want to be without do you? I just wish they stop updating as often as they do. Nokia are big one for this. It's my Java script today. Lovely.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:12 pm

John fookin Barrowman ];[

scottbhoy

Post by scottbhoy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:51 pm

George the Asda clothes shop wife bought me a pair of 3/4 length shorts which looked great.

Went camping 2 weeks ago and the buggers ripped right up the middle seam while I was putting the tent up.Not impressed at all.
Scottish Football is my bread and Butter.

scottbhoy

Post by scottbhoy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Kinda been ashamed to be a scotsman the last week.Millions seen the hearts fan attack Neil Lennon anyway it went to court were he pleaded guilty on all counts of assault. The judge asked the jury to go and decide and they came back with a not proven verdict.I am sorry but it was witnessed by over 2 million people world wide.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:27 pm

A verdict that was very hard to take in. {:)

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:38 pm

scottbhoy wrote:George the Asda clothes shop wife bought me a pair of 3/4 length shorts which looked great.

Went camping 2 weeks ago and the buggers ripped right up the middle seam while I was putting the tent up.Not impressed at all.
Had to laugh at this one as I am connected to the company. I could say more, but I recently signed a statement saying I would be polite to firm, co-workers and even customers when online. :)

Simply said a woman that can sew is worth her weight in gold.

scottbhoy

Post by scottbhoy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Jockathan wrote:
scottbhoy wrote:George the Asda clothes shop wife bought me a pair of 3/4 length shorts which looked great.

Had to laugh at this one as I am connected to the company. I could say more, but I recently signed a statement saying I would be polite to firm, co-workers and even customers when online. :)

Simply said a woman that can sew is worth her weight in gold.
Crickey if that statement was true and my wife could sew then I could by a country ;) .

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:39 pm

A tip for guys looking for smaller, older woman - get one with Crohn's like I have. They cost a bit in loo paper, but they look a treat for their age. :)

Jockathan

Post by Jockathan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:33 pm

All you guys that hang out at the 'reduced price' selection of a Supermarket, may find the competition for getting your hands on that Sirloin a wee bit tougher as of today. :) The "sell-by" date on food packaging is to be removed as of today to reduce wastage (no bad thing of course), but it also means that Supermarkets don't have to reduce the prices. I see scrums most days around the chill section where I work. There's one guy I recognise from my bookie attendance days. He gets quite feisty over the pre-sliced corned beef. People buying semi stale bread to save, ok fair go, but then turned around and buy monmouth bags of crisp and two litre bottles of liquefied sugar. This isn't about improving the nation's health...

The guidelines now broadly state ""Use by" labels should only be used if food could be unsafe to eat after that date, while "best before" dates should show the product is no longer at its best but is still safe to consume"

The onus in on the customer. Based on what I see I suspect loo paper sales will soar! :)

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:04 pm

The Royal Bodyguard

As much as I love David Jason, this is really dire.
It's like a kids comedy from the seventies.