SBOBET

Col
Site Admin

SBOBET

Post by Col » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 am

Dear Col

It is with regret that we wish to advise you that SBOBET will no longer be able to provide betting services for customers residing in the United Kingdom with effect from the 15th of September 2014.

This unfortunate circumstance has been brought about by the changes to the legislation in the United Kingdom with regard to online gambling. Part of that change is the new tax regime being introduced which makes it economically prohibitive for SBOBET to continue catering to the UK market.

UK Customers were informed on Friday (Sept. 5) that they have until September 15th to close their SBOBET accounts. All outstanding bets already placed and scheduled to take place after the 15th of September 2014 will not be affected. The bets will be settled once they have been determined.

Jimmy

Re: SBOBET

Post by Jimmy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:23 am

Same from Pinnacle

Dear James,

Due to changes to British gambling licensing regulations, Pinnacle Sports will after September 30th, 2014, be unable to offer our services to you, as our records indicate you are resident in Great Britain.

What will happen?
•Any of your bets placed up to and including September 30th, 2014 will be honoured.
•All your account options other than withdrawal will be blocked after September 30th, 2014.
•Funds remaining in your Pinnacle Sports account may be withdrawn at any time free of charge.

We apologise for the inconvenience this causes you, and thank you for betting with Pinnacle Sports. Should we obtain a British gambling licence in the future we would be more than happy to accept your business.

British Government !! I'm tempted to move to North Korea.

layabout

Post by layabout » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:29 am

I got shut out of pinnacle about 5 years ago when US law changed. Welcome to hell. x-)

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:40 am

The difference dude is that America has always had a weird attitude about gambling and it seems that they want to make placing a bet as hard as possible. Here in the U.K it’s a bit more open, on my local high street there are more bookies than any other business.

The “Point of consumption tax”, although I disagree with it, I can partly understand, the country is in so much shit it needs every penny it can get. The rest of it about the Gambling Commission is what realy annoys me.

“Amendments to the Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Act come into force on October 1st, 2014 requiring all companies that advertise or provide gambling services to British residents to obtain a licence from the British Gambling Commission.”

The spin here is that they are inroducing this to safeguard punters, WHAT UTTER CRAP.

Just last year I lost a substantial sum when Canbet went tits up, the Gambling Commission knew about it and did nothing.

Dec 2013
“Canbet are licensed by the Gambling Commission and we have received a significant number of complaints from customers that have had problems withdrawing funds from Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Limited.

The Commission has made enquiries with Canbet and have received assurances from both Canbet and their legal adviser that the company is working to rectify the problems and will process customer payments as soon as possible. We have also received assurances from the company’s auditors that the company has sufficient assets to cover its gambling liabilities.

Whilst we take all complaints seriously, for reasons I am sure you will understand, the Commission has a policy of not normally providing updates on what, if any, action it is taking in each individual case. As a result we will not contact you again about your specific complaint unless we need additional information from you.

In the meantime, if you wish to complain about Canbet’s services you should deal directly with the company using the complaints procedure set out in the company’s terms and conditions.”

North Korea may by a bit extreme Ireland may be better, at least I could drown my sorrows in Guinness

layabout

Post by layabout » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:05 am

Jimmy wrote:
North Korea may by a bit extreme Ireland may be better, at least I could drown my sorrows in Guinness
:lol :cheers

I'm inclined to take up residence in Las Vegas.

GL Jimmy.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:08 pm

A months reprieve takes me to, near enough, the end of baseball.

Dear James,

Due to a one month postponement of the Gambling (Licensing & Advertising) Act, Pinnacle Sports can offer our services to you, as a resident of Great Britain, until October 31st, 2014. We apologise for any confusion this causes but the circumstances are entirely outside of our control.

Must admit though, during the last few weeks I've been giving a lot of my action to bet365 and the lines have been pretty good. The main concern now is that once Pinnacle is out the picture who is going to keep the other books honest. Interesting times ahead.