Oddsfutures

cdsmith15

Oddsfutures

Post by cdsmith15 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Has anyone had any dealings with Oddsfutures?

They are based in Ireland, deal in Euros and you can trade on the movement of the price before a race.

Col
Site Admin

Re: Oddsfutures

Post by Col » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Just brought up the website.
http://www.oddsfutures.com/index.of

So what advantages would they have over betfair.

theborrower

Post by theborrower » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Cant see these being any different from betdaq and wbx no liquidty

cdsmith15

Post by cdsmith15 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Someone on another forum posted up a link to their corporate page. It seems they are trying to encourage trades of €100 upwards, but unless liquidity picks up very quickly folk won't bother with it.

theborrower

Post by theborrower » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm

cdsmith15 wrote:Someone on another forum posted up a link to their corporate page. It seems they are trying to encourage trades of €100 upwards, but unless liquidity picks up very quickly folk won't bother with it.

betfair have the market in the bag it appears

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Well someone at Oddsfutures has paid us a visit. :)
In my mailbox today.

Dear Col

I would like to give you a brief introduction to Oddsfutures.com

Oddsfutures patented and innovative futures exchange offers you true sports futures contracts. Oddsfutures allows you to profit without betting from predicting increases or decreases in the real odds prices for sporting events.

With Oddsfutures, you simply pick a horse and choose whether the odds will come in or drift out. You “BUY” or “SELL” it just once, and then wait to see if you were right! It really is as simple as that, and all trades are settled at the off, without any need for convoluted “exit” bets.

And because our markets settle at the off, it doesn't matter who finishesfirst, second or last!

Basically, Oddsfutures allows you to profit from upward or downward shifts in odds prices by holding an Oddsfutures contract. And the good news is that odds move every time a ‘big story’ breaks or news of a ‘large punt’ leaks – and this creates hundreds of opportunities for you to profit every week.

On Oddsfutures.com you can:

* Buy Movers, Sell Drifters and profit

* Trade odds and be guaranteed to get out

* Be a winner before the off

* Profit from predicting market sentiment without risking a bet

Feel free to come back to me at your convenience for any additional information

cdsmith15

Post by cdsmith15 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:08 pm

It looks more spread betting than exchange betting. Might be worth a go?!

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:58 pm

cdsmith15 wrote:It looks more spread betting than exchange betting. Might be worth a go?!
Hope you don't mind me asking but do you have any vested interest in promoting this company? Just asking as you started the thread and keep giving it a nudge. Not bothered either way but would just like it out in the open if you do have an interest.

It has similarities with trading prices on the exchanges I suppose, the difference being you only have to trade once. It does sound quite like a spread market on what a horse's SP will be.

Seems pretty limited appeal to me, not offering much new or that can't be done to similar effect elsewhere. No real scope to do it on anything other than horse racing. Plus I'd want to know enough about them to trust them with my money (as with any obscure bookies).

cdsmith15

Post by cdsmith15 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:05 pm

No none. I had never heard of them before I received an email and was just interested to see if anyone had heard of them or had any dealings with them.