Anyone had a restricted account reviewed

Hoofhearted

Anyone had a restricted account reviewed

Post by Hoofhearted » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Just out of curiosity ( apart from opening accounts in friends names) :lol has anyone ever gone back to the bookies after a passage in time asking for them to re- review their accounts with a view to it being reopened

I’ve not bothered with BET 365 for ages after I got restricted, but wanted to get on a dog today and they’re the only one that’s priced the race up as yet.

So I’ve lumped on 100/30 the price - I’ve been allowed £1.30 *,

I suppose It looks better for their PR to restrict accounts to coppers rather than say they’ve closed an account

Col
Site Admin

Re: Anyone had a restricted account reviewed

Post by Col » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Yeah, I also asked 365 to review my account, which they did.
The max allowed was still below a fiver {8

I closed the account.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Never thought to go back to be honest.

nick

Post by nick » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Have tried to get "resurrected" a few times but never received any joy.

I was once severely restricted by skybet but after a couple of years they relented without any prompting from me so that I can at least get some worthwhile bets on with them. The only other bookies I can bet with nowadays are Coral (but no b.o.g) and Bet 365. Surprisingly I have never had a problem with Bet 365. Without them I'd probably stop betting altogether.

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:37 pm

Thanks for your comments, I just wondered whether there may be any mileage in doing it given quite a few are bragging that they will lay a certain amount

I might try BET365 out of curiosity at some point and I will post any reply.

harry_rag

Post by harry_rag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:55 am

My only success was with a spread firm who referred all of my bets to trader for no apparent reason. They usually accepted them at the price and stake requested so it was more of an annoyance than anything. I appealed on the basis that I wasn't arbing and was very much a small fry in terms of stakes and they agreed to stop doing it; no problems since.

I did appeal to 365 and their customer service was fine in terms of acknowledgement and referring it on to the appropriate area but they ultimately said that they weren't willing to relax the restrictions. It did at least suggest they look at it on a case by case basis rather than just blanket refusal.

Like Nick, I've had one or two firms relax their approach a bit overtime, including Skybet who went from rubbish to ok though I can't always get the amount I want on.

No harm in trying. In terms of minimum guarantees in respect of racing I thought there was an element of most firms honouring that for all customers, including those who were subject to being limited?