Col
Site Admin

Re: Linnys Boxing & MMA thoughts

Post by Col » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 am

Well done mate :thumbs

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:41 am

Working on some more , should be posted later tonight , or tomorrow with remainder on Monday

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Or maybe later but to be fair there doesnt seem to be much interest in em so may well knock em on the head

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 pm

I don't think we have a big fight following on here mate. But I enjoy reading it.

toptwo

Post by toptwo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:32 am

As do I - you certainly know your stuff mate and I have followed your advice with the hard earned! :thumbs

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 am

Had money on Eubank. Looks like I followed the hype.
Should never have been in the same ring as Groves. :(

charliepie

Post by charliepie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:55 pm

I like a bit of boxing too so enjoy reading your thoughts linny :)

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:14 am

Well i got it wrong but as i said in the write up i think Groves is the better boxer and he proved that , he didnt fight his typical fight , the one time he did different and i get it wrong lol .... he used his head and boxed and it paid off , even if the clash of heads hadnt happened Eubanks wouldnt of won ... Like you Col i kinda got caught up in the hype , i wanted Groves to win , i thought he could win , but there was just this nagging doubt that he'd go at it hammer and tongs and he'd gas out and Eubanks would finish him off .,,, despite getting it wrong im still a happy chappy as St George won :)

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 am

The Linnet wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:28 pm
Saturday 17th February 2018 - George Groves v Chris Eubank Jr

This is one fight i am itching to watch , a real 'Battle of Britains Super Middleweights' , what a bout to look forward to so early on in the new year !! George Groves (27-3 , 20 KOs)
is one of my favourite fighters to watch , he hasnt lost since 2015 and you're always guaranteed a ding dong battle when he's involved in a fight. Eubank Jr (26-1 , 20 KOs) is also on a winning streak of his own , he hasnt lost since 2014 when Billy Joe Saunders beat him and he too is an exciting fighter to watch in the ring. Groves is a born brawler an almost every combination / punch he throws is meant with intent but sometimes , if he doesnt get the job finished early , he can become tired / weary towards the later rounds and that could be dangerous against an opponent like Eubank Jr who seems to have stamina in abundance and a tremendous workrate , this could prove hugely problematic for Groves if the fight does go into the later rounds. For me Groves is the better and more natural boxer , he has good foot movement and can hit hard but his tendency to mix it up rather than box sometimes does concern me , Eubanks Jr has very quick hands and though i have never had him down as a heavy hitter i have noticed that in his last two or three fights he seems to be punching harder than ever before. I really cant see this one going the distance if im being honest and if im being even more honest im having a helluva time trying to decide whose going to win as both possess the necessary tools to end the fight. I would love to see Groves take this but theres something nagging at me telling me that we havent seen the best of Eubanks Jr yet and that he's going to come out on top in this battle.
Selection - Chris Eubank Jr :(
Bet - Fight doesnt go the distance :(

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 am

To Date

22/9 - Ramirez v Hart . Selection - Ramirez :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
22/9 - Valdez v Servania . Selection - Valdez :thumbs / Bet :(
23/9 - Parker v Fury . Selection - Parker :thumbs / Bet :(
23/9 - Linares v Campbell . Selection - Linares :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
23/9 - Dorticus v Kudryashov . Selection - Dorticus :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
30/9 - Briedis v Peres . Selection - Briedis :thumbs / Bet :(
7/10 - Eubanks Jr v Yildirim . Selection - Eubanks Jr :thumbs / Bet :(
7/10 - Crolla v Burns. Selection - Crolla :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
14/10 - Groves v Cox . Selection - Groves :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
14/10 - Lara v Guasha . Selection - Lara :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
14/10 - Santa Cruz v Avalos . Selection - Santa Cruz :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
14/10 - Mares v Gutierrez . Selection - Mares :thumbs / Bet :(
21/10 - Warrington v Ceylan. Selection - Warrinton :thumbs / Bet :(
21/10 - Burnett v Zhakaiyanov. Selection - Burnett :thumbs / Bet :(
28/10 - Whyte v Helenius . Selection - Whyte :thumbs / Bet :(
4/11 - Bisping v St Pierre. Selection - Bisping :( / Bet :(
4/11 - Wilder v Stiverne. Selection - Wilder :thumbs / Bet :(
18/11 - Frampton v Garcia . Selection - Frampton :thumbs / Bet :(
25/11 - Kovalev v Sharbranskyy . Selection - Kovalev :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
2/12 - Cotto v Ali . Selection - Cotto :( / Bet :(
9/12 - Lomachencko v Rigondeaux . Selection - Lomachencko :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
9/12 - DeGale v Truax . Selection - DeGale :( / Bet :(
13/12 - Horn v Corcoran . Selection - Horn :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
15/12 - Povetkin v Hammer . Selection - Povetkin :thumbs / Bet :(
16/12 - Saunders v Lemieux . Selection - Lemieux :( / Bet :thumbs
20/1 - Spence v Peterson . Selection - Spence :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
27/1 - Usyk v Briedis . Selection - Usyk :thumbs / Bet :(
3/2 - Gassiev v Dorticos . Selection - Gassiev :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
17/2 - Groves v Eubank Jr. Selection - Eubank Jr / Bet
24/2 - Rungvisai v Estrada . Selection - Rungvisai / Bet
10/3 - Garcia v Lipnets . Selection - Garcia / Bet
5/5 - Bellew v Haye . Selection - Bellew / Bet

Selections - 29
Won - 24
Winning Bets - 13

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:17 am

Cheers Col , TT , Charlie .. i will carry it on ... i did have a couple done to post up but one has been called off and the other has had a fighter pull out and replaced so its back to the drawing board for those two ... will start work on those asap and get em posted along with a few others by the end of the weekend

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:20 am

I should add , just to piss you all off (as it did me) iam now on facebook and i have been speaking to a girl i fancied at school and still do :> ... anyways her son told her to get on Groves to win on points at 9/2 ... i said cus of the way Groves fights personally id want more than 9/2 lol ... afterwards she told me that her son had been advised by an ex pro boxer *, ... still like her though :lol

toptwo

Post by toptwo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:08 am

:thumbs Garcia - Lipnets 10th march mate

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:37 pm

I know bud , working on that one today along with another two :thumbs

toptwo

Post by toptwo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm

You already done a write up on it mate was just saying because you have it down as 10th Feb.

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:00 pm

have i ? oh bloody hell i oughta check what ive done first lol cheers will change that then mate :thumbs

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 pm

I'll sort that out Sean :thumbs

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Okay cheers Col :thumbs

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Saturday 24th February - Callum Smith v Nieky Holzken

Tonight the night we find out whose going to meet St George in the finals of the WBSS Super Middleweight category. Callum Smith (23-0 , 17 KOs) takes on Nieky Holzken (13-0 , 10 KOs) who has come in as a very late replacement for Braehmer who got injured in the lead up to this bout. I know that Holzken is a pretty decent kickboxer but have to admit that i know absolutely sod all about his boxing career thus far , but having looked at his resume briefly i think its safe to say that this is by far his biggest test to date and whilst i wouldnt totally write off his chances i really cant see him beating the more experienced Smith tonight.

Selection - Callum Smith
Bet - Callum Smith , KO/TKO Rounds 8-12

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:57 pm

To Date

22/9 - Ramirez v Hart . Selection - Ramirez :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
22/9 - Valdez v Servania . Selection - Valdez :thumbs / Bet :(
23/9 - Parker v Fury . Selection - Parker :thumbs / Bet :(
23/9 - Linares v Campbell . Selection - Linares :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
23/9 - Dorticus v Kudryashov . Selection - Dorticus :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
30/9 - Briedis v Peres . Selection - Briedis :thumbs / Bet :(
7/10 - Eubanks Jr v Yildirim . Selection - Eubanks Jr :thumbs / Bet :(
7/10 - Crolla v Burns. Selection - Crolla :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
14/10 - Groves v Cox . Selection - Groves :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
14/10 - Lara v Guasha . Selection - Lara :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
14/10 - Santa Cruz v Avalos . Selection - Santa Cruz :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
14/10 - Mares v Gutierrez . Selection - Mares :thumbs / Bet :(
21/10 - Warrington v Ceylan. Selection - Warrinton :thumbs / Bet :(
21/10 - Burnett v Zhakaiyanov. Selection - Burnett :thumbs / Bet :(
28/10 - Whyte v Helenius . Selection - Whyte :thumbs / Bet :(
4/11 - Bisping v St Pierre. Selection - Bisping :( / Bet :(
4/11 - Wilder v Stiverne. Selection - Wilder :thumbs / Bet :(
18/11 - Frampton v Garcia . Selection - Frampton :thumbs / Bet :(
25/11 - Kovalev v Sharbranskyy . Selection - Kovalev :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
2/12 - Cotto v Ali . Selection - Cotto :( / Bet :(
9/12 - Lomachencko v Rigondeaux . Selection - Lomachencko :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
9/12 - DeGale v Truax . Selection - DeGale :( / Bet :(
13/12 - Horn v Corcoran . Selection - Horn :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
15/12 - Povetkin v Hammer . Selection - Povetkin :thumbs / Bet :(
16/12 - Saunders v Lemieux . Selection - Lemieux :( / Bet :thumbs
20/1 - Spence v Peterson . Selection - Spence :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
27/1 - Usyk v Briedis . Selection - Usyk :thumbs / Bet :(
3/2 - Gassiev v Dorticos . Selection - Gassiev :thumbs / Bet :thumbs
17/2 - Groves v Eubank Jr. Selection - Eubank Jr :( / Bet :(
24/2 - Rungvisai v Estrada . Selection - Rungvisai / Bet
24/2 - Smith v Holzken . Selection - Smith / Bet
10/3 - Garcia v Lipnets . Selection - Garcia / Bet
5/5 - Bellew v Haye . Selection - Bellew / Bet

Selections - 29
Won - 24
Winning Bets - 13

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Loads more posted later tonight :thumbs

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Saturday 21st April - Amir Khan v Phil Lo Greco

Amir Khan (31-4 , 19 KOs) makes his comeback against Canadian Phil Lo Greco (28-3 , 15 KOs) and to be totally honest this looks to be an opponent thats been handpicked for Khan , to ease him back into it before facing someone bigger , Greco isnt a bad boxer but he is lacking in the punching power department , something which Khan would want to avoid given the fact he's got a glass jaw and can't seem to take a good punch !Khan should win this , and win it comfortably , he's the better boxer of the two and his speed and accuracy should see him through this bout but there are a couple of nagging doubts , the first is obviously his inability to take a big punch and the second is his ring rustiness , but i'm hoping that he will be match fit and keen , and eager to prove himself.
Selection - Amir Khan
Bet - Amir Khan to win on points

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Saturday 14th April - Billy Joe Saunders v Martin Murray

Unbeaten Billy Joe Saunders (26-0 , 12 KOs) looks to retain his WBO world middleweight belt when he faces Martin Murray (36-4-1 , 17 KOs) and after his sublime exhibition of his boxing skills against David Lemiuex last time i really cant see him losing his title if i'm honest. Whilst Murray is a decent enough , tough fighter i just dont think he's got what it takes to beat someone of Saunders quality , so for me its the champ keeping the belt and his unbeaten record intact.
Selection - Billy Joe Saunders
Bet - Billy Joe Saunders on points

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Saturday 21st April - Jermall Charlo v Hugo Centeno Jr

Jermall Charlo (26-0 , 20 KOs) was due to meet Hugo Centeno Jr (26-1 , 14 KOs) on March 3rd but due to an injured rib the fight has had to be re scheduled for 21st April , Charlo , for me , is one of the best middleweights around at the moment , he's a very heavy puncher and knows how to set up his opponent for that knockout blow. It wont be easy and all plain sailing though as Centeno Jr can also punch , as was evident in his last fight when he knocked out Aleem in the 3rd round with a cracking left hook. He's a competent boxer with fast feet and hands but is susceptible to a good counter puncher , something which i'm sure Charlo will have picked up on and will act on. I'm expecting a decent fight with this one , nothing spectacular early as i can see Charlo waiting patiently trying to land the big punch and Centeno htting and running , but along the way Charlo will have connected with some heavy shots and i think that from the middle of the fight onwards this will have taken its toll on Centeno Jr (if not before) and eventually Charlo will finish him off.
Selection - Jermall Charlo
Bet - Jermall Charlo by KO/TKO

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:33 pm

Saturday 3rd March - Deontay Wilder v Luis Ortiz

Wilder (39-0 , 38 KOs) takes on Ortiz (28-0 , 24 KOs) in what is probably the WBC champions toughest fight to date , and one that most boxing officianado's are looking forward to watching , if Wilder isnt on the ball and on top of his game he could well lose this fight as Ortiz has surprisingly quick feet and hands for someone his size , and as is evident by his record , he can punch as well , and he can also take a punch as well , having never been knocked down in his career. Wilder is younger and fitter than Ortiz which is obviously a major plus especially if the fight drags onto the latter stages of the bout , and he can certainly punch , theres no doubt about that at all. This is a tough one to call . my head is saying Wilder but my heart is saying that if Wilder gets a little sloppy then Ortiz is gonna catch him and cause an upset , but thats an if , i have to stick to facts so im gonna go with my head and say Wilder to retain his belt , although for me personally an Ortiz win wouldnt be an upset at all.
Selection - Deontay Wilder
Selection - Deontay Wilder by stoppage , rounds 8-12

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Saturday 21st April - Carl Frampton v Nonito Donaire

Carl Frampton (24-1 , 14 KOs) looked decent and sharp enough last time when seeing off Horacio Garcia and putting his loss to Leo Santa Cruz firmly behind him and he will be looking for an equally dominant performance against Nonito Donaire (38-4 , 24 KOs) and despite the fact that Donaire isnt going to be a pushover i fully expect Frampton to walk away the victor , i think he will have far too much for the older fighter. Donaire can certainly punch though and if he can catch Frampton cleanly then an upset could be on the cards but in all honesty i cant see that happening , i think Frampton will play it cagey and smart and look to outbox Donaire .
Selection - Carl Frampton
Bet - Carl Frampton on points

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Saturday 3rd March - Kell Brook v Sergey Rabchenko

Kell Brook (36-2 , 25 KOs) takes on Sergey Rabchenko (29-2 , 22 KOs) in what should be a good fight to watch imho. Brook is a fighter i like but he hasnt particularly impressed in his last 2 fights tbh , and he needed surgery after his last fight for a broken eye socket , all of which has to be of concern in my opinion , especially against someone like Rabchenko whose a tough no nonsense fighter , aggressive with good hand speed and despite getting knocked out last time a usually reliable chin. Another thing i worry about is the fact that Brook is moving up from welterweight to light middleweight .. he's a good boxer but theres a lot of nagatives about him going into this fight and for me they outweight the positives , and it all depends on how he starts the fight , if he's slow and tentative then i think Rabchenko's naturally aggressive style will aloow the Belarussian to bully and dominate the fight. As i say should be an entertaining fight to watch but i'm going to go for an upset here and side with Rabchenko.
Selection - Sergey Rabchenko
Bet - Sergey Rabchenko by KO/TKO

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Saturday 3rd March - Sergey Kovalev v Igor Mikhalkin

Kovalev (31-2-1 , 27 KOs) meets Mikhalkin (21-1 , 9 KOs) for the WBO light heavyweight title and this looks all set to be a great fight. Kovalev defends his title for the first time after producing a cracking 2nd round KO to win the title in his last fight and that display must of helped his confidence after the two defeats he'd suffered. He's a highly intelligent boxer who uses his brain , he picks his shots and takes his chances well , and he is patient , very patient. He will wait for an opponent to make a mistake and then seize his opportunity , add all that to his impressive punching power and hes definatley in with a great chance of retaining the title. Mikhalkin cannot be underestimated , although this will be the biggest and sternest test of his career to date by far and he will be eager to prove himself and to beat his fellow countryman. He hasnt got the punching power of Kovalev but he has good movement and he is a very effective counter puncher who makes use of good solid combinations , he's also never been on the canvas , but then again he's never fought anyone of Kovalevs ability or calibre before. I think Mikhalkin will hold his own early doors but i can Kovalev wearing him down and eventually stopping him.
Selection - Sergey Kovalev
Bet - Sergey Kovalev by stoppage

The Linnet

Post by The Linnet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Saturday 24th March - Dillian Whyte v Lucas Browne

Dillian Whyte (22-1 , 16 KOs) defends his WBC silver heavyweight title against Aussie Lucas Browne (25-0 , 22 KOs) , the unbeaten Browne should prove to be a test for Whyte but his lack of recent ring activity (only 3 fights since early 2015) could prove to be his undoing against a sprightly Whyte who hasnt lost since losing to Anthony Joshua. I think Whyte will go all out in this and try to win impressively , he has to if he wants to mix it with the best in the division , and i think he'll do it , but although i think he'll win i dont think that he'll stop the Aussie fighter who seems to be a tough and durable opponent.
Selection - Dillian Whyte
Bet - Dillian Whyte by decision