Super Bowl LI

Greyhounds...Boxing...Darts...Snooker...Or Whatever
layabout

Super Bowl LI

Post by layabout » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Taking over 58.5 points here. A quick crunch of the season averages suggests a FT total in the low 50s, mainly due to NE's defensive talents. But with Atlanta scoring >33 points over last 6 games and NE hitting >34 points over last 4 outings, I am thinking this one - fully charged by all the usual SB hype - plows into the 60s. It may take a "garbage time" effort in the 4q to win this bet,but I'm forecasting a 35-31 type scoreline, no matter which team emerges on top (though hoping it will be Atlanta so I don't have to see yet another nauseating Patriots' SB victory in my lifetime.) Both teams were unstoppable on offense in yesterday's conference championship games.

Back next week with a look at some other betting options....

layabout

Re: Super Bowl LI

Post by layabout » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Also, since I really dislike New England and want Atlanta to win, you are well-advised to load up on the Patriots both on the spread (-3 points) and moneyline (1.64) for a big payout. Over the last 15 Super Bowls, the team my heart has wanted to win (all betting considerations put aside) has lost 10 times. 8(:

russ

Post by russ » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:55 am

Looks as if all your betting choices came in Layabout, but your heart is broken again!

I was rooting for the Falcons too and am not quite sure how they will ever get over that extraordinary loss *, but you have to have some grudging respect for the way the Pats turned it around. I'm off to double check the score to make sure I really did see what I think I saw last night.

layabout

Post by layabout » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks Russ. Wallet heavier, but waves of nausea still flowing.

Impressed with my prognostication of 35-31, really. It did take a late push to get the 'over" and my hopes for the underdog proved no match for the unbreakable will of the Patriots. Final score 34-28.