oioiboy

Re: Daily Greyhounds Thread

Post by oioiboy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Not too far Ceridwens Rage :thumbs :cheers

Well played hoof :cheers

Janthefish

Post by Janthefish » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:29 pm

She could certainly weave, impressive. Had a small bet :thumbs when I went back to top up price had collapsed *, thanks both.

nick

Post by nick » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Great tips today, lads :thumbs . Many thanks :) .

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks for your kind comments and also well played today oioioiboy.

I've actually been at a funeral in Blackpool today, just got back - I managed to see Johnnys race whilst at the post funeral sandwiches/pint - coincidently I had to go for a pee at 4.37 :lol , but I was travelling back at the time of the 5.17 race.
Trap3 won the 4.37 race as I suspected - I best not post what I think but shall we say if this was horse racing you would be saying he was well in :).

It looks like Kerry ( kennel name) ran well in the 5.17 - sorry about the price of this nap I thought we would be looking at 5/2ish.

dringwr

Post by dringwr » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Well done Hoof and the boys on the what`s app very enjoyable day . thanks all :thumbs

oioiboy

Post by oioiboy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Hoofhearted wrote:It looks like Kerry ( kennel name) ran well in the 5.17 - sorry about the price of this nap I thought we would be looking at 5/2ish.
9/4 available early with Paddies, opened 6/4

Janthefish

Post by Janthefish » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:29 pm

oioiboy wrote:
Hoofhearted wrote:It looks like Kerry ( kennel name) ran well in the 5.17 - sorry about the price of this nap I thought we would be looking at 5/2ish.
9/4 available early with Paddies, opened 6/4
I was talking about my stupidity (greed) It was 9/4 with Bet365 I had a small single and put in a few multiples to try to get money running on. I had a dental appt and due to circumstances - the appointment ran late then wife had left ipad in boot so by the time I logged on and found others had lost (apart from oioi's other winner) price had gone. I'd have kicked myself but odds on I'd have missed.

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:54 am

Today's nap
Trap 1 656 Sheffield Tufties Herbert

Coincidently {8 from the same kennel where I passed comment yesterday that a dog appeared to have a nice opportunity.

It's seldom that an Elaine Parker dog is an eight race maiden at this track. I don't know too much about this dog as it ran previously with Laurence Tuffin at Nottingham, and must have shown a bit of promise as ran in a few puppy opens there.

Has been made favourite in his last 3 runs coming second twice and a third, and has had reasonable times despite subject to a bit of crowding. He should clear the 2 dog today.
Ironically one of the dogs I've got a leg in Yahoo Johnny beat him in this grade 2 runs ago and has since won an A3 so there's a bit of decent current form to go on.

oioiboy

Post by oioiboy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:02 am

Some thoughts on this afternoons card at Sunderland

2.18 Trap 2 Leathems Legend has been noted on it's last two runs as desperate, has a fair chance today again as will lead up both traps 3 and 5 and if exiting to it's best will clear the 1 dog round the first two bends. Trap 4 is better than these but first run back from season but season date looks iffy in my opinion and could be bang on to win this and trap 6 will be cutting in from this trap as wants no wider than trap 4.

Backing Trap 2 Leathems Legend 5/2, also 4x2 6x2 fc Ladbrokes

2.37 Trap 1 Bit View Style is a dog I like a fair bit and one I think will go top grade Would love to see him at Sheffield or Monmore) but hasn't had much luck recently (apart from two runs back when we was on) Trap 2 will be moving middle and there is alot of front running sorts in this race now if trap 1 gets a clear run on the rail he should prove too strong for these.

Backing Trap 1 Bit View Style 3/1 Ladbrokes NNB

2.57 Trap 1 Mucho Macho Ash should be able to get round the first two bends untouched today and then will hopefully show her ability, been very unlucky in recent runs (last time crowded first, back legs taken out of second and badly crowded into third). Danger is trap 5 who could be well drawn with 4 going left run up and if coming away to its best and should be in the frame.

Backing Trap 1 Mucho Macho Ash 5/2 also 5x1 fc Ladbrokes

4.37 Trap 1 Adament Maxwell is a pup only having its third race but has shown enough to make me think he can win this race, finally has the red jacket which in my opinion he wants and if trapping will lead round here and then we will get to see how good this pup is as so far he has either walked out the traps and then shown good speed up or found trouble inrunning.

Backing Trap 1 Adament Maxwell 7/2 Labrokes NAP

6.04 Trap 1 Trapper Vera walked out last time then got some crowding in running but has a nice draw today and if she traps it should be all over. If there is a danger it would have to be the season bitch in trap 4 who ran a very good time on debut and then went into season. She ran five days ago since her season break and looked short of fitness and seeing as it's only been five days I would want to see a little more improvement.

Backing Trap 1 Trapper Vera, also 1x4 rfc 2/1 Ladbrokes NB

I've played all 5 selections in multis as well as singles at the prices shown above, good luck if you follow

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks lads :thumbs

oioiboy

Post by oioiboy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Looks like the rail is not the place to be this afternoon :(

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:30 pm

oioiboy wrote:Looks like the rail is not the place to be this afternoon :(
There's always another day Oioiboy - looked a good day for the bookies at Sunderland with only 2 of the 14 races won by favourites *,

oioiboy

Post by oioiboy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:46 pm

All we ask for is a level track, not too hard is it lol Oh well another day tomorrow :thumbs

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Hoofhearted wrote:Today's nap
Trap 1 656 Sheffield Tufties Herbert

Coincidently {8 from the same kennel where I passed comment yesterday that a dog appeared to have a nice opportunity.

It's seldom that an Elaine Parker dog is an eight race maiden at this track. I don't know too much about this dog as it ran previously with Laurence Tuffin at Nottingham, and must have shown a bit of promise as ran in a few puppy opens there.

Has been made favourite in his last 3 runs coming second twice and a third, and has had reasonable times despite subject to a bit of crowding. He should clear the 2 dog today.
Ironically one of the dogs I've got a leg in Yahoo Johnny beat him in this grade 2 runs ago and has since won an A3 so there's a bit of decent current form to go on.
:( came third but completely missed the break / walked out of the traps, was never going to be able to give them a start

dringwr

Post by dringwr » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Always better tomorrow boys :thumbs

oioiboy

Post by oioiboy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:59 am

7.11 Towcester Dogs Trap 1 Our Bosco 11/2 Freds/Sky,

Had a decent trial after missing the break and if judged on Sheffield performances there is more to come. Very surprised to see him at this price because if he traps then will knock 20 - 30 spots off that trial time and looks very overpriced in my opinion

oioiboy

Post by oioiboy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Desperate :(

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:38 pm

Just a quick update on the dogs.

oioiboy and bakes1980 are creating a storm on the whatsapp group.
After discusions with the lads, I'm convinced that the way they work is more suited to the whatsapp group rather than the forum.
This is mainly due to the dog prices being very late to appear on most books. and the time it would take to be logged into the forum and post any selections.

I'm going to make an exception to the rule for the dogs being posted on whatsapp.

nick

Post by nick » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:27 am

Pity :(

I hope at least Hoof will keep posting on this thread. I don't think there are that many on here who will kill any prices, especially as they don't appear early in any event.

Col
Site Admin

Post by Col » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:43 am

I know mate, it is a pity.
But I'm sure given the chance they will still use this thread, if they think they have time to post.

The messages on whatsapp are instant, sometimes only four and five minutes before the race.

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Sorry for not responding to this thread of late and in particular to the latest comments.

I'm not on Whatsapp and for personal reasons and I'm not sure if I will be ( nothing to do with this site ). I respect their choice and I as I don't know either of them (at least I don't think I do :lol ) I don't fully understand how they bet. I am assuming that some of the time they could well price up all the races without any particular strong fancy but if they then find a dog they believe is a 2/1 shot is available at 5/1 they will bet it. {:( - hence the last minute posting issues rather than spoiling a price ( which as Nick alludes to shouldn't be an issue with this limited client base)

Nothing wrong with that - I will just put up any ones I fancy on this thread , I will continue to post but unfortunately as I've said before I will invariably only be commenting on Sheffield dogs.

I've not been to the dogs for a good week or so due to other commitments but I'm actually going tonight.
There's no selection today, however primarily the reason that I'm going is that I'm potentially negotiating over a dog that runs in the first race ( trap3)

I've got a gross price in mind and my ceiling outlay , and will want to be involved with either another or 2 others in a small partnership - I will let you know if my negotiating skills need to be improved or my perception of a fair price is way out :lol

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:05 am

Ozzy Owl is subject to i's being dotted and t's crossed now part of the hoof kennel :lol
( or at least two of his legs are :lol )

Hand shaken on a deal - just need to finalise paperwork as for a few personal reasons I want him running in my name/ joint owners name - he's presently fully registered running under the trainers wife's name so there won't be any lengthy delays.

The people I usually share dogs with all have dogs in their own right - we just join up in syndicates for the craic and to keep up the interest if their own dog is injured/ in season etc , and as such are happy to run them under a syndicate name or even in someone's sole name with a gentlemans agreement that costs are shared etc ( that way financial involvement can be hidden from the wifes :lol ).

if you are a syndicate you can get an owners pass for upto 6 for free sole admission whereas a sole / joint owner can take 3 guests in so it's handy to ensure at least one dog is running in your name - as a tight Yorkshire man that's one of the reasons I mentioned- all I need now is 3 friends *,

dringwr

Post by dringwr » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Good luck with your new venture Hoof always interesting posts :thumbs

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:53 pm

dringwr wrote:Good luck with your new venture Hoof always interesting posts :thumbs

Thanks for your kind words - I haven't the cash to be buying the top dogs, I just have to do a bit of homework set a realistic value and stick to it.
I'm fortunate in this case as the dog was in the kennel so I've seen his trials, his races to date and his temperament - he won't be a world beater but should make A2 at Sheffield with experience.

I will shortly be a dog down so he's a bit of a replacement - one that I'm in within a syndicate of 5 is now 4 years old and there's a good chance she could be shortly re-homed . We are all big on welfare and either take the dogs home with us when they retire or ensure they are found a decent home.
We would probably be retiring her prior to the winter and we are aware of someone who wants a bitch - it's not exactly the e- harmony dating site :x: but we've provided photos and they're coming to look at her soon.